Merging Pins from several maps into one large map

Is their an easy way to merge several pins from several maps into one large map containing all the locations?

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hi,

I'd just like to confirm that currently there is no easy way to do it.

However, it sounds pretty interesting and shouldn't be too hard to implement technically. The only, but quite important consideration is the user interface: how to fit it and where.

• controlyours
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

@DavidM @VeBailovity,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly! I was thinking if I could just use a short code to include a single map containing all the maps created with the plugin together in one map - that would be awesome! I don't really need a fancy UI in Wordpress or anything. Yes, granted it would be nice eventually to be able to select several maps within Wordpress (checkboxes or something) and say generate/insert short code containing maps checked into one single map. However, as of now...I'm just interested in something super simple like a single shortcode to use to include one map containing all pins created with the plugin in the database.

I really appreciate your quick response and please let me know if their is a way to do something like this. I'd be willing to add code etc. to my current plugin for testing or whatever. :wink:

-David

• Patagonia
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Would be great, but as an addition:
    - it would indeed be nice to have one user to be able to add a map for all his pins (and lines/tracks if this is/will be implemented)
    - for network set ups, we must take care that not all user's pins/tracks will be posted on combined maps
    - for the main blog this would actually be a nice feature (like the travel blog network I am running).

Cheers

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hi,

We have a new Beta version of Maps plugin ready, with a lot of new features. Some of them are overlaying markers from multiple maps on one map, showing links to posts in markers, merging multiple maps into one, and re-using multiple maps across network (via the post indexer plugin).

• controlyours
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi VeBailovity,

Thanks! I gave this a try and everything seemed to work great except it doesn't seem to be saving the map zoom setting. I keep trying to zoom to where I want it but it keeps defaulting to the left-most marker I think. Thoughts?

Thanks!

-David

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.