Merging two sites soon, advice needed.

Greetings everyone,

I'm going to be merging Leet Link Aye (which is multisite but just the main site ATM) with my main site, Leet Link (which is a single-type install) in the next few days and then let the first one's domain expire. Do you folks have any tips or suggestions for me to keep in mind as I do this?

Thanks,
Nathan

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey Nathan,

Thanks for posting on the forums.

So you'd be basically moving your current site to a new domain and will let the old domain expire right ? I couldn't understand what you mean by merging the sites to be honest !

http://codex.wordpress.org/Moving_WordPress and http://halfelf.org/2012/moving-wordpress-multisite/ (Multisite) would help you along with the move.

Make sure you take proper backups whenever you plan to move. Its always good to do it well in advance before the domain expires to avoid any issues.

I hope that helps.

Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• Nathan Pinno
    • The Incredible Code Injector

@PC:

If you had checked the links, you''d have seen that Leet Link is a functioning site already, and that I was planning on adding the multisite functionality to it, as well as the necessary plugins to charge money to host websites (Pro Sites, Multisite Privacy, etc.).

I have taken a backup, so I could completely uninstall the current site (after writing down the current plugins), and then install Multisite from scratch of course.

Hope that clears up any confusion,
    Nathan

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey Nathan,

Thanks for posting back and sorry for the delay. !

As you already have a functioning website, you don't need to remove the current site to install multisite on it.

You can just install Multisite without removing the current data. Then you can add Prosites etc to it to start charging users to create their own site on your WordPress network !

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.