Merketplace database name and copy for another site

How do I copy the database for the store from one of my sites to another site. (selling same products) I can not see how to download the database and upload the database to my other site. I am also not seeing what the files would be called... Please help.

• James Dunn
    • The Crimson Coder

Thanks for posting your quesiton. I believe that we will need a little more information before we can answer your question and provide any helpful assistance.

Do you mean copy it to a subsite on the same installation or copy it to an entirely different installation? The answer to your question is different based upon your answer to this question, of course.

Thanks again and hopefully I or one of the other members here can assist you quickly.

JDD

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Sandlot,

To help ease the pain and assist dealing with copying tables in the database, I offer you to download in what is in my opinion the greatest Database Management software of all time Navicat.

That could definitely do the job for you - I would love to hear how it goes if you try it out?

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Member!

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• James Dunn
    • The Crimson Coder

Like Joe, I use the "BIG" version - Navicat Premium http://www.navicat.com/en/products/navicat_premium/premium_detail_win.html (I think it costs about $600 now) because it has the most features.

But, they have a "Lite" version just for MySQL that should do what you need.

http://www.navicat.com/en/products/navicat_mysql/mysql_overview.html

Personally, since you get a 30 day FREE trial, I'd grab the premium for 30 days and try out all the features that they offer. Then, if you end up buying something, you can buy the MySQL version if you find that's all you need.

Good luck with this and let us know if you need more information or help. Simply mark this as not-resolved and submit your follow-up questions. That will cause it to pop up in the help queue for staff.

JDD

• James Dunn
    • The Crimson Coder

O.K. I've verified it. I thought it was just a custom post and I've now verified that to be the case.

So the data is stored in dbprefix_posts and dbprefix_postmeta. But, I would also consider copying dbprefix_terms, dbprefix_term_taxonomy, and dbprefix_term_relationships if you either see items in there related to your products or if you find things missing if you just copy the first two that I mentioned. On my test site, I didn't have anything in those tables, but I've not fully exploited the uses of Market Press.

Post back if you have any additional issues. I'm about to step out for a couple of hours, but someone else might chime in if I can't get back to you.

JDD

• James Dunn
    • The Crimson Coder

I almost recommended that to begin with, but I figured by you asking here that you had a reason you didn't want to do that. Therefore, I was looking for other options to suit the parameters that you outlined.

I didn't want to insult your intelligence by suggesting something so obvious and assume that you had not already tried it. Next time, I guess I'll go with the obvious first and apologize later. :wink:

Glad you got it sorted. Good luck on your quest.

JDD

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.