Message section size issue and no captcha showing up

As you can see at http://www.boulder-health-guide.com/register/ on the right sidebar on the bottom I have set up the contact widget. I have screen shots attached that show how I set the parameters. For some reason the message section is huge and goes off the page. Also, I have the captcha box checked but no captcha shows up. What am I missing here? Thanks.

• 3SixtyEvolve

Hi Rawearthman

Thank you for posting to the Community!

I tried the link that you provided, but unfortunately it didn't work so I wasn't able to check the results live.

In order to investigate a bit further, please confirm what version of WP you're running and also theme you're using. You might also want to eliminate the possibility of plugin conflicts, by deactivating all the plugins that you can and then checking if the problem still persist. If it doesn't, then you know it's a plugin conflict. By activating them one by one you will know which plugin the culprit is.

I will try the link again, but if it is not working a screenshot of the error would also be great - at least we can have a clear idea of what exactly is happening.

So look forward to your feedback and assisting further.

Have a great day!

Gina

• Arun Basil Lal

Hey guys,

I recently happen to work on the contact form, here is how you can make the width of the message box smaller.

Add this to your custom css area of the widget:

textarea {
    width: 100% !important;
    margin: 6px 0 !important;
    }

That should fix it up :slight_smile:

The CAPTCHA didn't show up for me as well, on Twenty Ten, and All plugins disabled.

Gina, can you give that a try? and if that doesn't work inform Ve?

• 3SixtyEvolve

Thanks Arun for your excellent support on this post string.

I would like to confirm that I the CAPTCHA didn't show up on my test either and I also had a problem with the size of the text area.

Rawearthman, I will ask the Developer to be in here at the earliest so we can get this sorted for you. In the meantime, if you need any further assistance, please don't hesitate to be in touch.

Thank you for your patience while we get this sorted for you :slight_smile:

Gina

• Vladislav

Hello,

The latest plugin release (v2.1, just released) comes with the fixes from this thread, and also has some hooks exposed that can be used to modify the appearance and behavior using some custom code. You can put these new features to use by adding some code in, say, your functions.php. To add a name field to the form and have the name included in the sent email, you could do something like this:

// This will add the "Name" form field.
    function my_cw_add_name ($id) {
    ?>
    <label for="cw_name-<?php echo $id; ?>">Name</label>
    	<input class="text" type="text" name="name" id="cw_name-<?php echo $id; ?>" value=""><br />
    <?php
    }
    add_action('contact_form-after_subject', 'my_cw_add_name');

// This will make sure the user submitted a name.
    function my_cw_require_name () {
    	if (!@$_POST['name']) return '<p>Name is required</p>';
    }
    add_action('contact_form-validate_fields', 'my_cw_require_name');

// This will append the "Name" field to your email message.
    function my_cw_process_message ($msg) {
    	return $msg . "\n\n" . $_POST['name'];
    }
    add_action('contact_form-mail_message', 'my_cw_process_message');
  • Vladislav

Hi,

You have to make sure that the code is placed after a <?php tag, and before the ?> closing tag. If you're pasting it to the end of your functions.php file, please make sure there isn't a closing ?> tag just before the code you're about to paste. Also, it's a good idea to leave off the closing ?> tag altogether - it's not required, and can lead to issues if present.

Also, there was a fix to validation filter in the latest version, so you may want to use this code instead:

// This will add the "Name" form field.
    function my_cw_add_name ($id) {
    ?>
    <label for="cw_name-<?php echo $id; ?>">Name</label>
    	<input class="text" type="text" name="name" id="cw_name-<?php echo $id; ?>" value=""><br />
    <?php
    }
    add_action('contact_form-after_subject', 'my_cw_add_name');

// This will make sure the user submitted a name.
    function my_cw_require_name ($error) {
    	if (!@$_POST['name']) return $error . '<p>Name is required</p>';
    	return $error;
    }
    add_action('contact_form-validate_fields', 'my_cw_require_name');

// This will append the "Name" field to your email message.
    function my_cw_process_message ($msg) {
    	return $msg . "\n\n" . $_POST['name'];
    }
    add_action('contact_form-mail_message', 'my_cw_process_message');
  • 3SixtyEvolve

Hope you're well @rawearthman

I'm just quickly checking in to see if there is anything else that we can assist with. Did you get sorted with the advice of Ve or are there still issues outstanding that needs to be addressed?

Since we haven't heard back from you with an update, I will go ahead and resolve this topic, but please don't hesitate to reopen it should you still require additional support from us. Just select the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (otherwise we might miss your new post).

Have a good day!

Gina

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.