Message suggests file needs to be updated

When I click the Network Admin > Settings > Domain Mapping and Domains links I get this message:
Please edit your (server info removed)/wp-config.php and move the line define( 'SUNRISE', 'on' ); above the last require_once() in that file or make sure you updated sunrise.php.

I have edited the wp-config.php file according to Multi-Domains package instructions. The sunrise.php file should be up to date -- it was copied from the plugin files installed in August. Am I supposed to be seeing this message or is something not quite right with my setup?

• Tyler Postle

Hey Lorie,

You shouldn't be seeing that message so it looks like something still isn't quite right.

If you already moved that line above the last require_once() function and have updated the sunrise.php with the latest copy, which you can get from inside the Domain Mapping plugin folder, then could you send me your FTP and wp-admin so I can have a closer look? :slight_smile:

You can send that privately through our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

Send in:

Subject: "Attn: Tyler Postle"
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

**If you grant support access active then no need to send in wp-admin

You can grant support access via WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access.

Look forward to hearing back!

All the best,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle

Hey Lorie,

I see the issue here, you actually have the wordpress.org Domain Mapping plugin active, not ours.

So deactivate this plugin: WordPress MU Domain Mapping

Then activate this plugin: Domain Mapping

If you want to use ours instead that is :slight_smile: Ours will be very useful if you ever get an SSL cert for your site as it allows you to force https/http on any pages you like and/or across the whole site.

If you have any further questions on this just let us know.

All the best,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle

We actually already have integration between Domain Mapping and Pro Sites for this exact situation :slight_smile:

Once you have our Domain Mapping plugin active then go to:

WP network admin > Settings > Domain Mapping. Scroll to the bottom and you will see the "select pro site levels" options in my attached screenshot.

Select the level required for users to map their domain. Any level below this will not have access and any level above it(including the one selected) will have access to the domain mapping options.

Hope that helps! Again, any further questions just let us know.

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle

Hey Lorie,

In that case you would want to create an invisible level like I have in my screenshot. If it's not visible then no users can select it. It can only be applied by you. So restrict Domain Mapping to that level and then you can setup domain mapping for all your users.

If you did happen to ever want one of your users to be able to set it up themselves then you could apply the invisible level to them - so the option is there if you ever wanted to do it, but you wouldn't need too :slight_smile: super admin can setup domain mapping for any site no matter what their pro site level is.

Hope that makes sense. If you have any further questions on that just let me know.

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle

The invisible level would just be for hiding the Domain Mapping tools from your admins. So you wouldn't want your users to purchase that level right?

Instead you would have other levels that users can purchase and the main purpose of the invisible level is so no one can gain access to the Domain Mapping tools, which allows you to control all of the domain mapping as the super admin.

Sorry, I forgot to attach my screenshot in the last post - that might clear things up. I've attached it here.

your visible levels would be the ones you protect different modules, plugins, themes etc. for and your members would purchase the levels to gain access to those features.

Let me know if you still have questions :slight_smile:

Cheers!

• Lorie

Ok... so... after writing a nice, long, and probably confusing response to your last post I decided to try my idea of having two separate levels for domain mapping -- one that's visible so users can purchase it, the other that's invisible so the plugin settings will only be visible to me. It seems to work -- it still shows up in the features table but not on the users sites. I gave one of my sites the level that would be purchased and the controls didn't appear in the admin area. Yay. I think this one may be resolved. :slight_smile:

• Tyler Postle

Hey Lorie, it may have been my messages that were confusing, as I was trying to suggest exactly what you've done :smiley: - essentially have a pro site level for purchasing then a pro site level for hiding domain mapping.

We could hide that from the features table via: Pro Sites > Pricing Table > Feature Table. Just uncheck the domain mapping option.

Glad you got it sorted out Lorie, hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Cheers,
    Tyler