Messages - Send To

Hi Team,

Thanks for the great support so far. I have installed the BP Social theme and have an issue with send messages.

When putting letters in the "Send To" box instead of pulling up members names to match those letters I get a series of error message under the name (I have only included one as they all pertain to the header)

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at . . . . )

What can I do to get rid of the error and have the functionality work properly?

Thanks,
Phil

• phdwyer2002
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi David,

The issue is not there when the BP default theme is activated. I downloaded a fresh copy of the theme and installed it in my sandbox environment, still have the issue.

The error messages all reference header information and I consistently get three of them referencing three lines of code in the bp-messages.php file (556-558). Those codes lines are:

function messages_remove_callback_values() {
    setcookie( 'bp_messages_send_to', false, time()-1000, COOKIEPATH );
    setcookie( 'bp_messages_subject', false, time()-1000, COOKIEPATH );
    setcookie( 'bp_messages_content', false, time()-1000, COOKIEPATH );

Not sure if this helps. Anything you can do is much appreciated.

Sincerely,
    Phil Dwyer

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi Phil, really sorry for the delay on this. When I tested the theme initially on a bare test site I couldn't replicate the error there. I've test it on another setup with a lot of other plugins active and still can't seem to replicate the error. Is it possible you've got another plugin interfering with the feature?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.