Messaging error

Just installed this messaging plugin and it looks cool, but I have an error message.

Warning: require_once(public_html/mydomain.com/wp-admin/includes/internal-linking.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in //public_html/mydomain.com/wp-content/plugins/messaging/messaging.php on line 1094

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/public_html/mydomain.com/wp-admin/includes/internal-linking.php' (include_path='.:disappointed:usr/lib/php:disappointed:usr/local/lib/php') in /public_html/mydomain.com/wp-content/plugins/messaging/messaging.php on line 1094

My php.ini contains:

; UNIX: "/path1:disappointed:path2"
include_path = ".:disappointed:usr/lib/php:disappointed:usr/local/lib/php";
;
; Windows: "\path1;\path2"
;include_path = ".:disappointed:usr/lib/php:disappointed:usr/local/lib/php" ;

I'm running the latest Buddypress/Wordpress using BP-Social Child Theme.

Any thoughts much appreciated.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Pali Baacsi :slight_smile:

the below is of course if the files exist where the error says they do i.e. mydomain.com/wp-admin/includes/internal-linking.php and mydomain.com/wp-content/plugins/messaging/messaging.php

I would first check the permissions of internal-linking.php making sure it is 755 then do a test.

Then next on the messaging folder and messaging.php file making sure that permissions are at 755 for the entire path /wp-content/plugins/messaging/messaging.php

and if that does not work also try setting permissions to 777 just to see if that does the trick.

Joe :slight_smile:

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey Pali.

As Joe pointed out those errors like:

Failed opening required '/public_html/mydomain.com/wp-admin/includes/internal-linking.php'

Either means the files is not there or not readable. (file permissions).

Check those first, if they are there and the chmod settings are correct on all files and folders then consider re-uploading a fresh set of files again.

Thanks.

• Paul Barthmaier
    • Code Wrangler

Yeah, it's weird. I never thought to look at the file in wp-admin. As it turns out, the file didn't exist at all! Not sure what that's about, but I was able to download the file here, which I learned about in the Wordpress forum here. What's further curious to me is that I had first unzipped a WP3.3 version and didn't find it in that folder either. Anywho, thanks for the insight. It seems like it's working now and I'm stoked.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.