Meta data for wordpress catagory pages?

Hello,

I am using a category page to display posts of that category... standard usage. But I want to be able to change the meta data for that page but as its not really a 'page' I don't know how to.

I am not REALLY keen on change the catagory template because then its a struggle when it comes to updating the theme etc. Is there a simple way to do it?

Thanks,
Aaron

• Rupok

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for asking. You can change the meta data for your category archive pages by installing and activating our SmartCrawl plugin. In this way, you won't need to modify any of your template files.

To set your custom meta data for your category archive pages, please go to "Dashboard > Settings > SmartCrawl > Step 3: Title & Meta [Tab]" section and scroll down till "Post Categories" section. From there, you can set generic Meta Data for category archive pages.

If you want specific meta data for each categories, please go to "Dashboard > Posts > Categories" section and "Edit" any category. On the edit page, scroll down and you will get options to set custom meta data for that specific category archive page.

I believe, this will serve your purpose. Please let us know if you have any confusion. We will be glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.