Metered Paywall for Membership 2 Pro

Is there a way to setup metered paywall, I do not see this function anywhere. I would like people to visit the site be able to read a couple of articles before the paywall activates. Any help on this would be great!

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hello there Aric,

hope you're doing good and thanks for reaching us! :slight_smile:

It seems that you need something like a trial period for your members, correct?
    If so, please go to Membership 2 -> Add-ons and activate the Trial Period add-on. You could then set a trial period per membership level as shown below:

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Aric
    • New Recruit

Hello Dimitris,

No, that's not what I need.
    I want it so that non-subscribers and read up two stories before the content is locked and asked to subscribe.

Metered paywall - Like Leaky Paywall for Wordpress that allows users to set your meter to allow X number of free articles before requiring a subscription.

I do not see this option on the membership pro.

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hello there Aric,##1

hope you're doing good today! :slight_smile:

Unfortunately there isn't a way to set something like Leaky Paywall, something like "let your readers read X number of free articles before they need to subscribe".

There's the Trial add-on as mentioned above, and there's also the Dripped type of memberships, which can be used in order to "set-up membership content to be released / made available in intervals." So you can make specific posts or categories available to subscriber, 2 days after his subscription for example.

As this could be a nice addition in our plugin, please do let me know, if I can move this thread to Features & Feedback section of our forums instead.

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Aric
    • New Recruit

Dimitris,
    I would love to see this feature in the next upgrade version. We are a newspaper and this is a must-have function, the ability to read a few articles and then have a choice to subscribe. Yes, you can move this thread to Features & Feedback, maybe more people will inquire about this one day make it a possible add-on for membership pro.

Best,
    Aric

• Dimitris
      • Support Star

Hello there Luke,

hope you're doing good and thanks for reaching us! :slight_smile:

As far as I can see, this isn't in the tasks list of upcoming releases. Appreciate the engagement here though, more requests means that this may be included in our roadmap more easily.

Warm regards,
      Dimitris

• paperweight
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Yes I MUST have this as well. I have been playing around with Memberships and Memberships2 for about 4 years and have yet to successfully use it on a LIVE website because it lacks some basic functionality for a content website that wants a metered paywall. It is a good plugin for some basic websites, but more power is needed. Please add this function!

• paperweight
      • The Incredible Code Injector

I have spent over $1300 in the past 3 months testing these plugins from codecanyon, WP sites, etc. I even tried a module for WHMCS that was made with a WP bridge for content. And I have yet to find one that works really well. S2 seems very good, but it is very clunky. MEMBERSHIP 2 PRO is also excellent, but it too lacks some of these basic things that could catapult it over all other similar paid content plugins. So I hope something can be done quickly to add these features on MEMBERSHIP 2 PRO because I need to finalize a decision for my client in about 9 days.

• Emmanuel
    • Flash Drive

I was using Leaky Paywall, but they have limited membership features. So, since no one offers this, I've asked my developer to quote me a price to create a metered paywall notice of free articles accessed and how many left to view. It's beyond me that no one has tackled this for smaller sites in the WP community. All major media news and magazine sites now use this technology.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.