methods to easily convert from one theme to another

Hi,
Are there any tools/plugins that can do what CMS TO CMS does but for themes? A client wants to easily be able to convert from one them to another with existing layout.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello cornelius_butler,

I hope you're well today!

The CMS2CMS service is basically a "content migration tool", which means that it moves all the content between different CMS platforms (e.g. articles, posts, pages, images etc). When migrating within "WordPress ecosystem" - so from one WP based site to another based on WP - content can be migrated in a number of ways, including a built in export/import tools. That means that no external service would be necessary.

However, if it comes to theme "conversion", that's a different thing. Moving/converting a theme from one kind of CMS to another kind of CMS would be rather difficult as the code structures, frameworks and even the way the theme itself is build up from parts to form the page and filled in with content - that's very different on different platforms.

But I'm not sure if I understand the goal here correctly. Do you mean that the client wants to be able to convert from one CMS (e.g. Joomla) to another one (e.g. WordPress) with not only keeping the content intact but also automatically keeping the theme/layout? Or is it something different?

Please elaborate a bit more to help me get a better picture of what you wish to achieve.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Jaxom

Hi cornelius_butler

The safest way (and even this isn't guaranteed) is to use a page builder that's a separate plugin from the themes. However, menus, widgets and page templates will need to be adjusted manually but the layout will stay put as it's using the page builder.
    Luckily WordPress automatically moves all widgets it can't use in the new theme to the disabled widgets section so it's about an hours work to reset it all.

Jaxom

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.