Might be building an entirely new website

Hi

I might delete this website and start over with Divi theme but I don't want to loose anything I created in Upfront in case I need to go back.

If I recall I can also export all my settings in Worpdress and import them back in to the new installation? I only have pages on this website and it is really simple no posts.

However, after backing up I should create a new database correct?

Hopefully restoring if needed won't cause any problems.

Anything else I need to know before proceeding will also be appreciated.

Thanks

• Rupok

Hi Dave,

# If I recall I can also export all my settings in Worpdress and import them back in to the new installation? I only have pages on this website and it is really simple no posts.
    # However, after backing up I should create a new database correct?
    # Hopefully restoring if needed won't cause any problems.

I'm afraid, you can't export *all* of your settings in WordPress, you can export *all content* from "Dashboard > Tools > Export" section. If you want to get your site as it is now in future, there are two simple steps. Zip all files in your server and download to your computer, export your full database and save the MySQL dump on your computer. Then you can do whatever you want on your site. The moment you want your previous site back, just upload your zip file to your server and extract, and then clear your database (you don't need to delete your database and create a new one, just delete all tables in that database from your PHPMyAdmin area) and import the MySQL dump into that, voila!

But if you create new posts or pages during your test and want them to stay when you restore your backup, then before restoring export all your posts and pages through "Dashboard > Tools > Export" section as I said above. After restoring your backup, just import those posts and pages through ""Dashboard > Tools > Import" section.

Please let us know if you still have any confusion. We will be glad to assist further.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Ash

Hello Dave

Why do you need to delete current site? You can just start using Divi theme and start working on there. If you deactivate upfront theme, all the data will be there so if you switch back later on, there won't be any issue.

Otherwise, you need to dump your current database, import into new site's database, then start using Divi in there. You can change your pages, posts etc. But if you delete any page that was built using upfront, the data of that page will be lost though the page layout would still be available in upfront.

You can't simply export all the settings of a wordpress site, so the best way is use the exported mysql database.

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have any.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.