migrate Appt+ content to another site within multisite, and/or to another WP multisite installation

Is it possible to migrate Appointments+ content from one site to:

1. another site within the same multisite installation
2. another WP multisite installation on another server

Do you have another plugin that can do this? If not, can you point me to the data inside the database that would need to be migrated?

Thank you!

• Patrick

Hi there @Sarah

Welcome to the forums, glad to have you aboard!

Do you mean you want to export/import the actual appointment data (clients, times, etc), or the plugin settings?

Either way, there is no built-in option to migrate that data, I'm afraid.

However, you can easily export the database tables from one site to another.

However, as each table in your DB has a unique prefix corresponding to the WordPress site ID, you must take care when importing the tables into your new site to first delete the corresponding table from the new site's database.

Then import and, under the Operations tab in phpMyAdmin, rename the table you just imported so it has the correct prefix with the site ID.

All the tables for Appointments+ will also be identified with app_ in the table name like so:
    wp_3_app_services

I just tested exporting that particular table from one site in a multisite install to another in the same install (changing the table name as described above). The services display and work just fine on the site I imported the table to.

Please do let us know if this helps, and don't hesitate to post again if you need to.

• Sarah

Thanks for the quick response! I've looked at the app_ tables in our site & we shouldn't have any problems exporting them.

It looked to me like there was also some data in the options table related to Appt+. Does that also need to be migrated? Does all Appt+ data in the options table have an option_name starting with app?

I'm pasting a couple of example records from the options table below.

| 133 | app_locations_data | yes |
    | 134 | app-worker_location-54 | yes |
    | 135 | app-worker_location-1 | yes |
    | 242 | app-service_location-3 | yes |
    | 243 | app-service_location-4 | yes |
    | 244 | app-service_location-5 | yes |

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.