I'm starting a project to migrate a PHP/MySQL site with 3,000+ member sites to WordPress. Members have profiles and all the social stuff, but the main feature of this site is that it's an RSS aggregator, maybe similar in concept to blogcatalog.com. And it's actually the site (via the RSS feed) that is represented by the 'member profile'.
Cool things about our site:
1. Anyone can recommend a site for inclusion in the community by adding the URL. The site's owner can also recommend their site to be included in the community when they join.
2. The site's RSS feed is read into our site and it is added to the community, where it lives as a member profile
3. The site's owner can claim the site even after it's included in the community. There's a way to validate that ownership.
I'm thinking through the migration from the existing site to WP, and wondering if there is a way to combine the 'Batch Create' and 'Autoblog' plugins to either create the shell of the site. If we could batch Autoblog to create those 3,000+ rss reads well, that would be beautiful!
Also wondering if you have a plugin or know of one that can validate site ownership a la Google Webmaster tools. The process would be
1. Member claims a site
2. We give member a file/snippet to include on their site
3. We test against that file/snippet.