Migrate the Fixer theme and the revolution slider to the main domain

I need assistance for the following:
MIGRATE WORDPRESS SITE FROM SUBDIRECTORY TO DOMAIN ROOT. Not multisite. Staying on same domain; just replacing WP site currently in the root directory with a WP site currently in a subdirectory. Database is very small. The site uses WPMU DEV Dashboard and Slider Revolution plugins (among others).
I also need some advice on site navigation. I want the revolution slider to introduce people to our publications and our methodology using a direct marketing strategy and technology tools to grow a small business. There is a total of six slides. After the last slide visitors need to make a decision to get a paper on our direct marketing methodology or go to the main site page.
I’m also quite confused by a page that shows up when I access the website before I login to http://dmcm.net/fourby/wp/
The top header is too high and seems like a random mistake as it slices the logo on the right.
Lastly, I did move my blog, marketingdoc.net, to the dmcm site. I want it accessible from the Blog menu on the new Fixer site.
I’m always open to suggestions.
MD

• Nastia

Hello @Marketingdoc

I hope you are doing well today!

MIGRATE WORDPRESS SITE FROM SUBDIRECTORY TO DOMAIN ROOT.

On the multisite installation, you may try the Cloner plugin. With this plugin you can clone the subsite to the main site.

With the Sanapshot plugin you can achieve the same result. Back your subsite and restore it on the main site. For more, please read this blog post:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/easy-migration-snapshot/

I also need some advice on site navigation. I want the revolution slider to introduce people to our publications and our methodology using a direct marketing strategy and technology tools to grow a small business. There is a total of six slides. After the last slide visitors need to make a decision to get a paper on our direct marketing methodology or go to the main site page.

I'm not following you here, would you please elaborate and explain what are you looking for? Perhaps this is something that you may post in the Members forum to get more advices from our experienced members.

I’m also quite confused by a page that shows up when I access the website before I login to http://dmcm.net/fourby/wp/

I have visited your page and this how the elements were placed in the upfront edit mode. The menu element is positioned above the logo on the right. Please open your page in the Upfront edit mode and make the menu smaller, by dragging the bar from to the side. Please see the screencast bellow:
    https://monosnap.com/file/5cRc25N0JKBIyn8LXdrfrMY0JVweAt

Lastly, I did move my blog, marketingdoc.net, to the dmcm site. I want it accessible from the Blog menu on the new Fixer site.

Would you please elaborate and explain a little bit more to us about this question. You moved the blog to a subsite or to the main site? You moved the posts to the dmcm site and you wish to create a Blog page? You wish to create a link that redirects to the marketingdoc.net?

Please advise,

Cheers,
    Nastia

• Marketingdoc

Hey Nastia – Thanks for the answer. I read through the thread on Snapshot. Snapshot sounds do-able for my novice coding and website building mind. Quick questions. I’m moving Fixer to replace the old WP theme 2013, so this is not a multi-site?
    My web files are located in the directory home/dmcm/www. At present there are my blog and and www. Clicking on www I have my fourby directory containing the Fixer theme files and wpmu dashboard. I believe the Location: /home/dmcm/www/www/wp, is the place to overwrite my existing website? I do not have to move or delete the files that are currently at /www/www/ before applying any changes with Snapshot?
    The memory for post_max_size = 32M and upload_max_filesize = 32M. Will this meet my needs using Snapshot?
    Blog: My blog was move from another site to this one. It's entirely separate from the new site. I will link it to the menu in the fixer theme.
    In reference to the slider, I added the code to a new page and placed it first page people see when the click on dmcm.net. I hope?
    Thanks again. I look forward to your answers. Enjoy your day.
    MD

• Panos

Hello @Marketingdoc,
    Hope you are having a great weekend!

I am not sure I understand if the folder where you want to move your site contains the files of another wordpress installation. Lets inspect these two cases:

1. The target folder does not contain other files. You will need to install wordpress on this folder and then install Snapshot and import the backup.

2. The folder contains another wordpress installation. In this case you only need to install Snapshot, take a backup of this site (just in case) and then import the backup from your old site.

Lets how the export is done:

First go to your admin menu > Snapshots > Settings, scroll to the bottom of the page and choose ZipArchive at the "

Select Compression Option" option.

Then simply create a New Snapshot :slight_smile: - from admin menu > Snapshots > Add New

After that, from your cPanel or ftp, navigate to your /public_html/wp-content/uploads/snapshots folder and download the zip file(s) to your desktop.

Import the snapshot:

If you are inporting on a multisite, create the destination subsite if it doesn't already exist.

Again go to admin > Snapshots > Settings and select ZipArchive.

Then from your cPanel or ftp upload your zip file to wp-content/uploads/snapshots folder.

Navigate to admin menu > Snapshots > Import. Press the Scan / Import Snapshot button (since you have uploaded the zip to the 'wp-content/uploads/snapshots' you do not need to type any url on the text box).

When the import has finished you will see a new snapshot at the admin menu > Snapshots > All Snapshots page. Click on the restore link (this link will become visible as you hover over the Snapshot), and follow instructions in order to set the target url.

If you have any troubles perhaps you might find the following articles useful:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/snapshot-manifest-error-continues-to-keep-occurring?message=closed#post-683043

https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/increase-memory-limit/

Hope you find this helpful!

Kind regards,
    Panos

• Marketingdoc

I’ve follow along with the article by Jenny McKinnion, “How to move a WordPress website without hassle with Snapshot.’
    What I cannot figure out is how to get each Archive into one place for each website. The following is where my new website is installed.
    /home/dmcm/www/www/fourby/wp/wp-content/uploads/snapshots
    I want to import the files to the following to:
    /home/dmcm/www/www/wp/wp-content
    I assumed because it was on the same domain the files would find each other. The only thing I was able to do was to import to same directory, same snapshot.
    Jenny used destinations that where on the same path.
    SnapshotGunSlinger
    edit | run now | restore | delete
    Direct Marketing Communications and Management
    (dmcm.net/fourby/wp)
    Tables: (selected), 12 core, 36 non-core
    Files: (selected) Themes, Plugins, Media, Config, Htaccess
    Manual
    Last: March 21, 2016 4:05 pm Local Server snapshot-1458594336-160321-210536-48585e34.zip (156.34M)
    Archives: view (1) Latest Log: view download
    Next the one from dmcm.net the target site.
    Snapshot4by
    edit | run now | restore | delete
    Show more details Direct Marketing Communications and Management
    (dmcm.net/wp) Tables: (selected), 12 core, 29 non-core
    Files: (selected) Themes, Plugins, Media, Config, Htaccess

Manual
    Last: March 21, 2016 7:01 pm Local Server snapshot-1458604907-160322-000147-9db904b9.zip (89.56M)
    Archives: view (1) Latest Log: view download

I hope you can see my dilemma.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.