Migrated site experiencing "Technical Difficulties"

My original site was hacked so I moved a replacement site that I was working on from WPMUDev hosting to the host that the original site was on. I migrated the site to its new home using Shipper Pro. I thought everything worked fine and I am able to access the site through the hub and continue working on it. I just found out that when you try to access the site through link or search you get the message “The site is experiencing technical difficulties.”

  • Ohidul Islam
    • Staff

    Hi Joe,

    Thank you for coming to our support. Hope you are doing good today!

    I feel sorry that your website had hacked and you had to move. Just to get confirmation from you that, had you added proper security on your hacked website before it got hacked and also had you contacted with us about this issue? So we could provide you a possible solution.

    Also, I can see “The site is experiencing technical difficulties.” on your “aur****dets.org” website. Without checking the debug log file I could not confirm you the reason of it. If you have had WP_DEBUG enabled then a log file will be found here at this “wp-contents/debug.log” location. But if you do not have WP_DEBUG enabled then would you please add these lines of codes before this line “/* That’s all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */” of your wp-config.php file for “aur****dets.org” website?

    define('WP_DEBUG', true);
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);
    @ini_set( 'log_errors', 1 );
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);
    @ini_set('display_errors', 0);

    By adding these codes into your wp-config.php file, it will enable WordPress Debugging and then visit to your site homepage. So now, it will generate a error log to debug this issue. After that, please check the “wp-content/debug.log” file then rename this file to “debug.txt” and attach this file to your next reply in here so I could check this and give you the possible solution.

    Cheers!

    Ohid

  • Joe J
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

    I tracked the issue down to two plugins. They were both related to the Cornerstone page builder. I deactivated them and added the text to wp-content. When I visited the site homepage it was live. I turned the two plugins back on and everything works normally. I don’t know why so I am going with the fact that the code knew that you were on the case and it was intimidated! Thanks for the help.

    Joe

  • Ohidul Islam
    • Staff

    Hi Joe,

    Glad to hear back from you. Hope you are having a good day today!

    The Cornerstone plugin could be depend on some other plugin or theme to run it properly on the website. So when you were migrating the website it could happen that, the required plugin or theme for Conerstone got deactivated so Cornerstone couldn’t run and it throw a Fatal error and site got unaccessible. So when you deactivated Cornerstone then site becomes accessible.

    After that you logged in to the dashboard and activated those two plugins, and in this time the dependent plugins or theme for Cornerstone was active in your website, so these plugins got activated without making any further issues.

    I hope you understand the matter, it would be helpful in near future if you face similar type of issues.

    Cheers!

    Ohid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.