Migrate/Export MarketPress to Woocommerce?

Hello, again! It's me, the annoying turnip!

So in my zealous behavior I have cut off my nose to spite my face, and frankly am dependent on the WordPress platform. In my last support ticket I asked if there was a way to export all data to Magento, to which your team replied that all items are stored as "pages" or "posts" so you didn't feel that it would be impossible. I thank you for the data on that.

However, as I mentioned prior, my dependency on the WP platform is not shakable. So in an effort to pull together all of the remaining straws and save my company, I went to Google and found the support article here. Now while I followed it to the T and had no major problems with the uninstall/reinstall of MarketPress and to no avail was the tutorial not working. (dun dun dunnnnnnnn....)

So I ask the MarketPress overlords if there is a safe way to export all of my products, variables, etc. into a file that Woo can read, or is it time to get out the hot chocolate and coding fingers again?

Sincerely,
Joseph

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Joseph,

As you probably know there is no official export/import feature ready for the MarketPress. In order to export all data from MarketPress you would need to use third party plugin like this https://pl.wordpress.org/plugins/wp-all-export/ and then import products with plugin https://pl.wordpress.org/plugins/wp-all-import/
    I was testing only importing from custom files to MarketPress but way those plugins are working is quite nice - you can drag and drop data to fields in your products so you will be sure all goes into right place.

However I'm not sure how this will work with variations because I was testing this with only simple products.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Joseph

Kasia,

Thank you for the information. According to the post by your co-worker, as linked above, there is an official version in beta. In the screenshots that she posted in her post show the export function working, however it seems that the .ZIP file was replaced with a false one on your server, or just replaced with a version that doesn't support the exporting (assumption) as it asks me to upgrade to a version that was released prior to the post's alleged .ZIP file creation.

So respectfully, were is that functionality? It's public record that it's there? So why hasn't it been pushed? I will even take a beta or alpha version of the plugin to get my site up and running. We're launching in two weeks and I have to present a working design to investors next week.

So please, work with me here.

Best,
      Joseph

• Nithin

Hi Joseph,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

You'll have to make use of the these third party plugins as listed above. As mentioned, there isn't any official export/import feature ready for MarketPress as of now, unfortunately the features noted in the beta version had to be reverted back.

We are looking forward to include these in a future release, but I'm afraid I don't have an ETA for when these features will be included.

Please let us know if you need any further help.

Best Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.