migrating 0.5.4 to domain mapping 3.0.5

I am trying to determine the effort to migrate a WP MU Instance using wp domain mapping plugin .0.5.4 to the Dev Domain Mapping version 3.0.5. Has anyone done this? Any and all advice welcomed.

• brewlabs

I can tell you from personal experience that it is very easy. All of the domain mapping settings for every site stayed exactly the same and it only takes 5 or 10 min. to deactivate the old version and install the new one. My advice is to just deactivate the old one, install the new one as described in the instructions and then set the IP address in the network settings at the bottom of the page and you should be good to go.

If you are running total cache you may need to regenerate your configuration file, but that's about it for me. Hope that helps.

• brewlabs

I can tell you from personal experience that it is very easy. All of the domain mapping settings for every site stayed exactly the same and it only takes 5 or 10 min. to deactivate the old version and install the new one. My advice is to just deactivate the old one, install the new one as described in the instructions and then set the IP address in the network settings at the bottom of the page and you should be good to go.

If you are running total cache you may need to regenerate your configuration file, but that's about it for me. Hope that helps.

• Mason

Hiya,

As we haven't heard back from you we're going to assume the problem was sorted out and mark this ticket as resolved.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread please feel free to post them below and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, thanks for using the forums, and for being a member of WPMU DEV, it's a pleasure to help you out and we look forward to being of assistance in the future.

Thanks

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.