Migrating multisite from dev to prod

We have been building 3 new sites in a multisite environment on our dev server. We need to move one of the sites from dev to prod, which is on a different server and has a different domain (ie. "oursite-dev.ourdomain.com/site1" to "oursite.ourdomain.com/site1") .

We installed Wordpress on the prod server and then followed these directions - https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/easy-migration-snapshot/. However, after doing this, the production site had a ton of errors, most of which were database issues where the URL was still "oursite-dev...". Even after fixing the errors, none of the content from any of the sites was there.
I have tried researching the blogs and support cases, but there seems to be a lot of contradictory information on migrating multisite. Is this something that Snapshot can do, and if so, please advise the right steps.
Thanks!

Nazmul H.

Hi there,

Hope you are doing well today and thanks for asking! Snapshot is compatible with WordPress, WordPress Multisite, and BuddyPress. So you could use it to migrate any of those types of sites if you follow your mentioned article properly. The last part "Finishing the Migration and Changing the Domain" is very important and your mentioned errors usually cause if you don't do this properly. Snapshot got a new update and it's more reliable now. You might be interested to give it another shot as perhaps your previous migration didn't go well.

Let me know if I could help on anything specific for your site from our end at this moment. I'll be happy to do that.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Nazmul