Migrating multisite to another domain

Hi there! Is there a plugin I could use for this? I have a test site set up in selkografiikka.com/pinupstudio/ and should get it over to pinupstudio.fi Before doing this I would first like to move it to another url like pinupstudio.fi/ps/ (or another directory with a fresh wordpress install) just to see that it works and then to the actual pinupstudio.fi URL.
I have tried doing this manually following instructions I googled but no success. I might consider taking the whole multisite thing off the website if it's possible. Is it? Very much would appreciate your help..I am a newbie and feel so alone right now. Best Regards, Liisa

• Rupok

Hi Liisa Kankkunen

Hope you had a wonderful day.

I have a test site set up in selkografiikka.com/pinupstudio/ and should get it over to pinupstudio.fi

Well, you can move all your files to new location (by compressing to zip from current location > upload the zip in your new location > extracting the file), then take a database backup from phpmyadmin (in your cPanel, you will see phpmyadmin icon, click that, your database will open, you can take backup from there), and restore the backup on new database location (if on same server, create a new database, assign a new user to that db, then import the database backup on that database), open the "wp-config.php" file from new location and update database access credentials. Then comes the critical point: changing URL.

Check this article to know how you can change your Multisite URL: https://wpengine.com/support/how-to-change-a-multi-site-primary-domain/

Or a simple way would be using Duplicator plugin.

We also have a dedicated article on Multisite migration: https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/migrating-wordpress-and-multisite/

Please let us know if you have any confusion. We will be glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.