Migrating subscription from joomla to WP / Membership Plugin

I am migrating a joomla site to wordpress. I have existing subscriptions using Joomla 1.5 and AEC Membership Manager. All subscriptions were created using Paypal Subscriptions.

Looking for advice on how to migrate the existing subscriptions when we convert from Joomla to Wordpress (will be using the Membership plugin).

Thanks

• Vaughan

hiya

thanks for the post.

Unfortunately, I have no experience with Joomla whatsoever, the times i have tried to use it I hated it so never bothered and chose something else instead.

i am actually not sure it would be possible to migrate the subscriptions though unfortunately, I can ask our developer for some feedback.

this might require delving into the code of the joomla plugin to see how it functions and so on, the IPN return values would most likely be different amongst other things. migrations from other systems can be straight forward or extremely complex.

I think you would definitely need to hire a developer for a job like this. you might be able to find a dev at https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs

thanks.

• Barry

Yes, your primary issue will be putting in some sort of bridge / code that accepts the IPN at the location it was set to be received in Joomla and pass it on to the membership plugin - this needs to be live and active for the duration of any subscriptions that were set up in Joomla as the IPN url that paypal hits is stored with the subscription when it's created (as far as I recall).

You primarily need this to catch cancellations to ensure that the subscription is also canceled in the membership plugin.

Other than that, if you export users and subscription details, then you may be able to script an import / subscription creation system easily enough.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.