Migrating Wordpress site to multisite

I have a wordpress site with 5 databases that is hosted at Bluehost and I am looking for someone to migrate that site into a multisite hosted at WPEngine using sub-folders.

• Nastia

Hello Robert ,

Welcome to WPMU DEV community!

You can migrate your site with the Snapshot Pro plugin. Install the plugin on your site, create a backup including all files and database.

Create a new WordPress site, install the Snapshot plugin there as well and from there import a backup from your current site. Once you do this you can restore the backup on new WordPress Multisite.

More detailed steps are described in the bellow article:
    How to Move a WordPress Site Without Hassle with Snapshot

If you are looking for someone to migrate a site for you, please feel free to post a new Jobs & Pros section, where you can find an expert to do this for you.

If you have any further questions, please let me know!

Kind regards,
    Nastia

• Robert

Hi Nastia,

Thanks for getting back with me on that.

I probably was not clear enough about the situation.

The site on Bluehost is a 'single' wordpress site, however it has 5 sub-folders each with it's own wordpress installation. My plan is to turn that site and it's 5 wordpress installs into a multisite and migrate it from Bluehost to WPEngine.

So I don't believe the Snapshot Pro plugin will handle the task of converting the multiple wordpress installs into a single multi-site, right?

- Bob

• Nastia

Hello Bob!

My apologies for the delay in this thread!

You can migrate your sites to a multisite WordPress with Snapshot plugin.

For this, install the plugin on all single installation, create a full backup from Snapshot > Add New following the directions from this article: include files Media, Plugins & Themes

Select "Include selected database tables in this Snapshot" under "What table to archive" and select all database.

Repeat these steps on all single sites.

Once all backups are created, install the Snapshot plugin on a Multisite Wordpress. Import the backups by uploading backups files to /app/public/wp-content/uploads/snapshots/ directory. After upload, navigate to Snapshot > Import and import all files.

Once the files are imported, you will find them from Snapshot > All Snapshots. From there select a backup, click om Restore and within the options choose a subsite you wish to restore the data on.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Kind regards,
    Nastia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.