Migrating Wordpress website

I think you have a plugin that will move a Wordpress site within Multisite. But do you have a plugin that will move a Wordpress installation from one hosting account to another that's not Multisite?

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Erik,

At the moment only Snapshot plugin could be used to do that - however it is not yet fully migration tool but its for backups.
    If you want to move single install to WordPress Multisite it wont work, but moving one subsite from Network into single installation should work.
    In most cases simple migration like from single WordPress to another single WordPress also should work.
    It will be like restoring backup on another hosting.

Let me know if this is what you are looking for.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Erik

Thanks Kasia. After I posed my ticket, I came up with the same idea. So I'm trying Snapshot now. I made a snapshot on the source site and now I'm uploading it by FTP to the target site. Then when the file is uploaded to the target server, I guess I'll just have to click on Restore on the target site?

I'm also curious if there's a place online at WPMUDEV where the snapshot might be stored, so I could transfer the file from there to the target website?

• Rupok

Hi Erik,

Then when the file is uploaded to the target server, I guess I'll just have to click on Restore on the target site?

Yes. Just clicking on Restore on the target site should do. Please let us know if any complexities arrive. We will be glad to help.

if there's a place online at WPMUDEV where the snapshot might be stored, so I could transfer the file from there to the target website?

We care about our customers and that's why we already thought about this. So we started offering 10GB storage against your account where you can store your snapshot backups. We call this "Managed Backup". To create a managed backup, please go to "Dashboard > Snapshot > Managed Backup" section on your source site and create a backup. Now login to your source site and login to WPMU DEV Dashboard with your WPMU DEV account credentials and again go to "Dashboard > Snapshot > Managed Backup" section. You will have to put your access key again and then you will see the backup you took from your source site, there. And from there, you can restore that backup on your target site.

Please let us know if you have any confusion or if you are stuck at any point. We will be glad to help further.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok