Migrating youtube-like website to wordpress

What would it take to turn this html website into a working wordpress website? Do I need to use a special theme such as videocraft by inkthemes? Ideas for plugins, migration of the videos/databases, etc?

video.beforeitsnews.com

Thank you!

• James Morris

Hello Meredith,

I hope you are well today.

I'm afraid that, with the limited amount of information available about this site, it would be very difficult to determine exactly what you would need to do to convert this site over to Wordpress.

In general, you may be able to use a plugin like WP All Import to import the database. But without knowing the database type and schema, that's difficult to say for sure.

As far as themes go, yes, I'd say a video-centric theme would be preferable. There are a large number of good video-centric themes out there. Which one is best for you is a matter of preference.

Much of the functionality of the site is already native to WordPress. A couple additions that would make it nice would be the Post Voting Plugin, which would allow you to list your most popular posts. You may have to use a custom page template and a custom WordPress loop to get the most out of this, but it's a good starting point.

You could also take a look at the Random Post Plugin. That would allow you to display a random video page, if you would like.

As far as contact forms go, there's tons out there, but Contact Form 7 seems to be one of the most popular.

I hope this clarifies a bit.

Best regards,

James Morris