Migration from WP-Members to Membership

My site is currently using the WP-Members plugin to manage members. There are custom fields added within WP-Members. I am migrating to the Membership plugin and need to maintain all of the custom fields on the members. What is the best way to migrate the users without losing the custom fields?

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @wshinds

I hope you are well today and thank you for the question.

Are these custom fields, actual member fields, which for example display in the user profile? Or custom fields for the registration process that also show in the user profile?

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV member!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @wshinds

I hope you are well today, sorry for the delay, as you have custom fields, out of the box there is no way to add custom registration fields to the membership plugin, though it would be possible to use buddypress and xprofile builder, to add the custom fields, or it could be done with some custom coding.

But this will certainly make the transfer across a little bit harder, if your members show in the wordpress user area and deleting wp-members won't delete the users, then you could manually add the membership level you want them to have.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV member!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.