Migration using Shipper failed

Hi,

I tried moving my site https://betterteeth.co/ to https://btc.acebox.dev but looks like it failed. Can you please check and help?

-Jijo Jose

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Jijo

I hope you’re well today and thank you for your question!

I checked Shipper log and there’s a lot of curl errors there, related to copying files. It looks like it wasn’t possible to move files between sites, through The Hub (the errors are related to communication with it).

I can also see that migration was started yesterday and we were experiencing some unexpected issues there so it might be worth giving it another chance. Could you please do as follows:

1) on both source and destination site go to the “Shipper -> Settings -> Data” page and “Reset Settings” there (do it on both sites; don’t worry – it won’t remove any content from site)

2) start migration once again

Let’s see if it goes fine this time. I’ve also already asked our developers about the errors that I found in the log and I’m awaiting their response so I’ll update you here as soon as I got more information from them – hopefully that will help us diagnose and fix the issue (if this re-started migration also fails).

Best regards,

Adam

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Jijo

Thanks for giving it a shot and I’m sorry for the delayed answer on my end.

I can see it’s got stuck again at around 80% with pretty much the same set of errors. I’ve asked our developers previously for advice on what might be causing it but I’m afraid I didn’t get “out of the box” answer and they’ll need to investigate this – check this particular case. I’ve already “officially” passed the case to them so they’ll look specifically into your sites to find out what the problem is and how to solve it.

We’ll update you here as soon as the come up with any findings regarding the issue, so please keep an eye on this ticket and I’m sure we’ll be able to solve it soon.

Kind regards,

Adam

• Panos
    • SLS

Hi Jijo !

I would like to see what is causing this, specifically to see at which point it reaches and what happens there. I have created a new admin user but he doesn’t have access to Shipper’s admin pages. Could you add to user wpmudevtest1 the permission from wp-admin > Shipper Settings under the Permissions tab?

Kind regards!

• Panos
    • SLS

Thanks Jijo !

It’s stuck at 23% of import which means that it fails on the destination site during import. It can be due to resources causing timing out or permissions but would need to have a closer look there to confirm. Could you share admin and ftp access for that site? You can send that privately through our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question

Send in:Subject: “Attn: Panos Lyrakis”

– Admin login:

Admin username

Admin password

Login url

– FTP credentials

host

username

password

(and port if required)

– link back to this thread for reference

Kind regards!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.