minification not activating

Hi Support team, I was speaking with Ash yesterday via chat re minification not working on above site, he asked me to give access to site and after some time he got a developer to have a look at the problem and he was able to fix it. However it seems to be not working again today. Please help me to resolve

• Adam Czajczyk

Hi Fabian,

I hope you're well today!

As we discussed that on a chat, there seems to still be a problem on a server. The error that Ash mentioned is still there on site:

"It seems that we are having problems in our servers. Minification will be turned off for 109 minutes stream_socket_client(): SSL operation failed with code 1. OpenSSL Error messages: error:14077410:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:sslv3 alert handshake failure stream_socket_client(): Failed to enable crypto stream_socket_client(): unable to connect to ssl://m9gnuc7j4d.execute-api.us-east-1.amazonaws.com:443 (Unknown error)"

What that means is that there's a problem with SSL on your server. The "SSL" in this case doesn't mean the SSL certificate of your site which is a different thing.

Server is using openssl library to handle secure SSL connections to other SSL hosts. that error means that either SSL certs on server are not valid or the openSSL library is outdated. The other possible option (though less likely) is that there's some sort of "firewall" on server level that's locking out connections from time to time. In anycase, you would need to start with getting in touch with your host and asking them to check these three things that I mentioned above. Whichever of these three things that is, they should be able to fix that and that should also fix the problem with minification.

That said, I know from experience that sometimes it takes a bit to sort things out with host, some "pushing" is necessary. So, in case they claimed everything's fine on their end or denied to do any updates/changes, please get back to us with their response. That would either help us look for some other workaround or we'll be able to suggest what to tell them again to "force them to take action" :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.