Minify Java and HTML

I currently flipped the Java script to the footer and minified them but they are still saying that it is an area of concern (per Google Pagespeedinsights). Also having an issue with "above the fold" problems by doing this. Any help?

Vaughan

Hi Sam,

You have an 83 score on Pingdom which is pretty good anyway.

Don't try to get too perfect, there are just some things you will never manage to achieve without a developer to go through plugins & themes and rewrite/optimize all their codes.

You get this a lot though with Page builder themes. it's a side-effect of using them rather than a custom written theme.

You could possibly get a better score by removing google fonts from Divi.

To do that, you can add the following to a mu-plugin.

Create a file called custom-divi-functions.php

Add the following code:

<?php
    // Removes Google Fonts
    function wpse_dequeue_google_fonts() {
        wp_dequeue_style( 'divi-fonts' );
    }
    add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'wpse_dequeue_google_fonts', 20 );

Then upload this file to /wp-content/mu-plugins/

It's difficult to act on files served from 3rd party/external sites.

If you update or change themes too, you should also hit the Re-Check files button at the bottom of the HB minify list page, otherwise it might not display any changed or new files.

Your biggest drop in score for Hummingbird though is with Image optimisation.

I see you have smushed some images, but you have not smushed Original images at all.

If your theme uses an original image & resizes using CSS. That will increase load time.

I would recommend to also Smush your original images too, and this will significantly increase your Hummingbird score by over double.

Hope this helps