Minify Problems in hummingbird

hi,
I have Luke and Sarah installed and a couple other of your plugins and nothing else. I have made some changes in my Homepage design, like colours, sizes, simple things like those.
When I installed Hummingbird for magnification everything in th top header goes nuts. Everything is out of place.
You cannot see the site because it is still in development and I have a maintenance page.
Can you please help me have minify work correctly?
Thanks
Maga

• Dimitris

Hey there maga,

hope you're doing good and thanks for reaching us! :slight_smile:

This should be happening due to the Minification module of HummingBird which should be fine-tuned. This means that scripts and styles that broke the frontend pages should most-probably set to be excluded from "minify" and "combine" and get loaded to their original position rather than forcing them to footer.
    More info can be found in HummingBird usage tab here
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wp-hummingbird/#product-usage
    under the "Minification" sub title.

Having said that and if you still confront issues with HB Minification, could you please grant us support access to your website in order to try to fine tune this for you?
    There's no need to share credentials, this can be easily done via WPMUDEV Dashboard plugin as you can see here https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-4
    Just let us know here if you do, as you don't get notified automatically about it. :wink:

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Dimitris

Hey there maga,

hope you're doing good and please excuse my late reply here, it's been quite busy in our forums lately!

I just accessed your website after you kindly granted us support access and I re-activated HummingBird. Apart from the "minify" and "combine" switches, I noticed that you had disabled the "include" switches too, which actually prevent these assets of being loaded at all.
    So I revert those back in order to be included and I kept "minify" and "combine" deactivated for all styles and scripts.

Now your website shouldn't deal with any issues but as you know better what you have build so far, let me know if there's anything that's still broken in your frontend pages and I could further examine it.

I'd rather propose to experiment yourself with "minify" and "combine" options when your site is ready for production, as installing more plugins down the way may still mess your frontend pages and each time you'll have to fine tune minification settings. So I think this is better to be done once your site is ready to go public. :wink:

As a sidenote, I also noticed that the Google Map API key used in Upfront -> General has expired. You may need to generate a new API key in the Google API Console. More info can be found here https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/get-api-key

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.