Minimum of minimum Wordpress page export to move it

Hi,
I have a nasty client who took thousands of $ from me and is threathening now to switch to some other service provider because I am not willing to work for (almost) free anymore.
This is fine with me because I have no pleasure working with him.
I just want to be sure that I will not invest in this switch more than a bare minimum - I have no desire to make this switch as smooth as possible.
I want to export just the mere minimum of the website which I created and the client deeply underpayed and notnhing (really nothing) what is above minimum. Just make an export, create a ZIP file and give it to them with packed theme file.
What do I have to export or copy from my wordpress website so I can say "I gave you everything"? It doesn't have to be everything required that new service provider will do three clicks and the site will be up and running on his hosting - this is not the goal. The goal is to give them everything they need to run the site on a new Wordpress installation but nothing more.
What should I export and pack?
Thank sou.

• Kris Tomczyk

Hi Robert

Hope you are doing good today.

I just want to be sure that I will not invest in this switch more than a bare minimum
    This is very tricky part here, because we do not know what kind of theme you use there (some free/paid theme) or custom theme you created (with small or big customization, custom post for example).

In most cases the "minimum requirements" to give a client a site is to:
    - use Export tool from Tools -> Export which will generate a XML file
    - ZIP file of theme
    - if theme have export tool, you will need to export also those data for client
    - if you also use on this site some additional plugins you will also need to inform your client about those plugins and also export those data (if plugin/s have this option)

For those two last you can try this plugin Customizer Export/Import

I have no desire to make this switch as smooth as possible.

It doesn't have to be everything required that new service provider will do three clicks and the site will be up and running on his hosting - this is not the goal.

If something goes wrong your client will again contact with you and will ask for more info - I guess this is not the goal also :slight_smile:

From my point of view in this specific case it will be wise to:
    - ZIP whole WP installation from FTP
    - export database from phpmyadmin
    - send those files with instruction to client and inform him that new host provider will need to change all URL's in this database before he import them to new database. (if site will change the main url).

You can also use some plugin to migrate the site:
    - All-in-One WP Migration
    - Snapshot - in many cases Snapshot also works fine to move site to other domain or server.

Hope this help :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Kris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.