Mirror Sync Option Not Available

HI,
I just tried to select a mirror sync on a client site for dropbox using snapshot. Wordpress is up to date and Dropbox is selected as the destination.

Please advise me of how to resolve this issue.

One other thing, I reopened this topic here a yesterday and it hasn't had a reply: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/i-just-tried-to-select-a-mirror-sync-on-a-client-site-for?replies=8#post-850658

Thank you.
Sonny.

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @sonnymanou

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

Do you see any error? Is debug mode enabled? If yes, please try after disabling the debug mode in wp-config.php:

define( 'WP_DEBUG', FALSE );

Would you please grant support access from your Dashboard > WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access so that I can check?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

I will be happy to take a look :slight_smile:

Cheers
    Ash

• sonnymanou
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hello,

I've reinabled support access on the site in question. Please find a screenprint of the greyed out checkbox I told you about.

For your information: Dropbox is the only destination.

Please help me to resolve this as soon as possible.

Thank you.
    Sonny.

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi Sonny,

Thank you for granting the support staff access.

The greyed option "Mirror/Sync - Dropbox ONLY " displayed in your shared screenshot is only available when you select the snapshot option "Backup Destination" to dropbox as shown in the attached screenshot.

You have one snapshot having "Backup Destination" to dropbox and other two having "Backup Destination" to local therefore the option is only available for the snapshot having "Backup Destination" to dropbox and not other two.

Cheers,
    Vinod Dalvi

• sonnymanou

I see.

I have to say that I'm quite surprised as to the order of these options. I would have thought that the "backup destiation to dropbox" dropdown menu would have come before the mirror/sync Dropbox only checkbox option.

Thanks very much for your help. This has taught me to read through the whole page before deciding that there is a fault with a plugin.

Also, I thought that my having set my "dropbox destination" in Snapshot's settings as default that this would carry through every preceding snapshot.

Never mind. Thanks anyway.

Sonny

P. S. Please blur out my email address in your screenshot. Thanks.

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi Sonny,

I have removed the attached screenshot containing your email address.

I have to say that I'm quite surprised as to the order of these options. I would have thought that the "backup destiation to dropbox" dropdown menu would have come before the mirror/sync Dropbox only checkbox option.

It's the UX decision as generally it doesn't make sense to allow user to set the backup destination before deciding what to backup.

Thanks very much for your help. This has taught me to read through the whole page before deciding that there is a fault with a plugin.

You don't need to as we have added the instructions whenever required as shown in the attached screenshot.

Cheers,
    Vinod Dalvi

• sonnymanou

I have removed the attached screenshot containing your email address.

Thank you.

I have to say that I'm quite surprised as to the order of these options. I would have thought that the "backup destination to dropbox" dropdown menu would have come before the mirror/sync Dropbox only checkbox option.

It's the UX decision as generally it doesn't make sense to allow user to set the backup destination before deciding what to backup.

But I had already set up my default (dropbox) destination in my settings. It was for this reason that I didn't continue with the page. My option wouldn't work - I thought that dropbox was already selected.

You don't need to as we have added the instructions whenever required as shown in the attached screenshot.

If you look at the passage that you have pointed to in your screenshot, you'll see no reference to having to select Dropbox again for this option to work.

Testing

I've been testing the plugin since and found that I can't get the files to back up. Please see the attached screenshot.

Have I done something else wrong?

Regards,
    Sonny.

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi Sonny,

I've been testing the plugin since and found that I can't get the files to back up. Please see the attached screenshot.

I have just tested it on your site and found it's backing up the file successfully as displayed in the attached screenshots.

Are you facing this issue with any specific snapshot?

If yes then please tell me which is that so that i can troubleshoot it on your site.

Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• sonnymanou

Hello Vinod,

Thank you for having a look. Sorry I've not replied until now, but I've been away.

Regarding the plugin: I simply want the option to have the database back up in it's entirety. I don't want it to just back up a long list sql files containing individual tables. I also want the option to back up all of the site files in a regular cycle determined by me.

Can this be done simply?

Regards,
    Stephen.

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @Stephen

I hope you are well today.

I don't want it to just back up a long list sql files containing individual tables.

The plugin will create separate sql file for separate tables so that the sql queries can be separate too. It reduces the load on database. You need not to worry about this, because when you restore using Snapshot plugin, the plugin itself will handle the import into database.

I also want the option to back up all of the site files in a regular cycle determined by me.

You can select the backup interval from "Backup Interval" option in "When to Archive" section. Please check screenshot.

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have any.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.