Misplaced Sidebar

Hello,

I'm trying to use the wordpress classifieds theme. I have it all installed and it functions properly. The main issue is how to disable the sidebar or at least move it so that it remains at the top of the content border rather than the middle. Can I create a custom page and a shortcode?

Also, how do I customize the font and size of the classified ads?

Thanks!

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi scatchel,

Classifieds actually utilizes whatever theme you have active, so this could be as simple as removing or adding a widget to your theme's sidebar widget area.

From the screenshot, it looks like you might be using the BlogsMu theme, but it's a bit hard to tell for sure.

Could you please let us know which theme you're using?

The font type and size would likewise be changed in the theme itself and if you could provide a link to the site, I'm sure we could provide some good pointers for that!

Cheers,
    David

• Jeffrey Beer
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

I'm also using DynamiX, and I have a support thread open with the author. On my site, sidebars with BuddyPress and BBPress, and with the WP E-Commerce plugin, are horribly messed up. The Sidebar that is assigned to the store area shows up under the Forums (bbpress), and the blog sidebar shows up in the store area. Totally frustrating. The theme author is looking into it, but I really don't want to wait. That's why I just joined WPMUDEV :wink:

The theme has built-in support for the WP E-Commerce plug-in, but the plug-in itself just doesn't work. Many issues, and support is pretty much non-existent.

I think DynamiX has some serious issues with the BuddyPress, BBPress and WP E-Commerce plugins. It's all fairly new functionality, so I think it needs a few more rounds of testing and dev.

So, I'm going to use this site, as everything is built by the same people and they offer support, that so far, seems pretty darn good.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.