Missing ALL Settings in E-Newsletter in the Admin Area

Today I encountered another strange problem with one of your plugins. I have installed the E-Newsletter plugin but there are no settings at all in the admin area. I am logged in as Super-Admin and can only find the "My Subscriptions" entry under "E-Newsletter". See attached image.

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hello @Charltan,

Thanks for the info and screenshot. I'm unable to reproduce this in my test site. Could you provide some more information

- Single or Multisite? If Multisite, is it network activated or activated on just one site. Also, if it's just one site, is it the main site? Or one of the others?

- Version of Wordpress, and version of e-Newsletter

- If you deactivate your other plugins, are you still experiencing this?

- Do you currently, have any role management plugins in use? Or have you use them on this site before?

Thanks! Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this and get it working again for you soon!

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hello @Charltan,

Thanks for the info and screenshot. I'm unable to reproduce this in my test site. Could you provide some more information

- Single or Multisite? If Multisite, is it network activated or activated on just one site. Also, if it's just one site, is it the main site? Or one of the others?

- Version of Wordpress, and version of e-Newsletter

- If you deactivate your other plugins, are you still experiencing this?

- Do you currently, have any role management plugins in use? Or have you use them on this site before?

Thanks! Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this and get it working again for you soon!

• Charltan
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

@Alexander

- SingleSite
    - WP 3.5.1, e-Newsletter 2.0.4
    - I deactivated all other plugins. The problem remains
    - I installed the User Role plugin but a) the problem existed before and b) I didn't make any adjustments with the plugin

Chris

• Charltan

OK, now I have removed V 2.0.4 and uploaded 2.0.3. I have a new entry in the menu "eNewsletter" which redirects to -> "newsletters-dashboard". But this page doesn't exist (Error 404). So there really has to be something messed up but simply removing (deleting) the plugin and re-installing it won't help.

• Charltan

OK, so I deleted the plugin AND the enewsletters tables via phpmyadmin. After this I could go to the installation screen. But once clicked on the Save button, I have been redirected to a page which tells me that I don't have the rights to access this page (as a Super Admin). Going back and I am once again left with an empty admin menu.
    So, the installation doesn't work and messes things up. Have you ever heard of such a problem?

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi @Charltan,

I've tested this, but I still can't seem to reproduce the issue. Something is preventing the permissions from getting assigned properly, and I'm really not sure what. I'm going to get in touch with the developer here, and we'll see if he has any feedback on the issue.

• Maniu
    • Developer

Hey! @Charltan

It is bit uncommon.

Please do this:
    remove any kind of mysql key with "email_newsletter_version" and then reactivate the plugin - this should help it. Also thanks for letting as know about it as there is a improvement i can do to help in case like this

Thanks,
    Maniu

• Charltan

Ah, and btw: I just upgraded my membership to the yearly subscription because of this great help.
    There are still some plugins that simply don't work as they should (e.g. directory, classifieds) and I even thought about canceling my membership because of my frustration - but you saved the deal :wink: I'll give you another year and I am sure you will fix all those bugs and problems in that time.

Chris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.