Missing Communication Table - Massive Error Log

Hi Guys,

Can somebody please tell me the SQL command I need to run to add the wp_m_communications table? For some reason this table is missing from my database. I have tried the verify link that confirms wp_m_communications is missing, but the repair option, when run, although it says fixed! still doesn't recreate the table?

Because of this I am getting a huge error.log that's written to virtually every second with the following information:

[24-Jun-2011 09:24:56] WordPress database error Table 'databasename_buddypress.wp_m_communications' doesn't exist for query SELECT * FROM wp_m_communications WHERE periodstamp < 0 AND active = 1 ORDER BY periodstamp ASC made by require, require_once, require_once, require_once, do_action, call_user_func_array, M_Communication_process, M_Communication_get_pre_messages, W3_Db->query

* I have replaced my actual db name with 'databasename' above...

Please advise?

Thanks
Rob

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

I don't and that probably won't help much anyway - adding the table manually is unlikely to contain the right set up.

Do you have a test install at all that you could try activating Membership on? I suspect there may be an issue with the database or permissions as this isn't something I've seen happen before...

Phil

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

As we haven't heard back from ya with any response in awhile I'm gonna mark this one resolved. If you'd like to go through anything further, feel free to re-open this thread. Alternately, you can also always open up a new one.

Thanks!

• brandicoot
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Thanks @masonjames

That's added the table ok and now communications are working nicely.

Couple of things though:

1. Recommend that the code in the above link have an annotation added to let other users know that the table name needs to be changed to reflect the site number if you're using it on a multisite (as I am).

2. Just an observation that this has only happened on the most recent site created on our multisite network. All others have this table.

3. The "be notified of follow-up posts via email check box on this thread doesn't seem to work as I didn't receive notification of your reply.

Thanks again

Chris

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

hiya!

1. Recommend that the code in the above link have an annotation added to let other users know that the table name needs to be changed to reflect the site number if you're using it on a multisite (as I am).

Noted. And updated :slight_smile:

2. Just an observation that this has only happened on the most recent site created on our multisite network. All others have this table.

Yeah, it has obviously happened to a few folks on this same table, though I can't figure why that would be.

3. The "be notified of follow-up posts via email check box on this thread doesn't seem to work as I didn't receive notification of your reply.

We had severe site issues yesterday which probably meant some emails didn't get delivered. Should be all good now though.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.