Missing features in "subscribe by email" plugin

Hi there,
I've installed the Subscribe by Email plugin, however it looks it doesn't support the functionality that I'm looking for.
Let me please illustrate my case:
My website (kmeta.bg) is publishing more than 60 news articles on a daily basis. Each news article can be assigned to a different category. There are 100+ different categories in total.
My visitors should be able to subscribe to all different combinations of categories. After having chosen which category / categories to be subscribed for, a new newsletter should automatically be created. The content for the newsletter should automatically be created based on the published news articles that are assigned to the corresponding category.
Example: my website is publishing news articles in three different categories (World, Technology, Travel). One of my visitors subscribes to all three categories. Then, a new newsletter gets automatically created. It automatically gets filled with content - all news articles from all categories.
Another visitor subscribes to World and Travel. Then, a new newsletter gets automatically created. It automatically gets filled with content - all news articles that are assigned to World and Travel.

Guys, could you please let me know
1) does the subscribe by email plugin offer the described functionality? If yes, what are the steps for implementing it?
2) if not, what's the solution for my case?

Thanks in advance!

• Tyler Postle

Hey Ionko,

Hope you're doing well today!

Currently, users can just select the post types, not the post type categories that they want to receive. Only the admin is able to select which categories will be included via the Subscribe By Email settings and that will apply to everyone, if they select that post type.

Having category selection is something that we have on our feature request list, so if more members show their interest in this then it's possible it could get added but currently there are other more popular feature requests we're working through on other projects so I can't say when this feature would be included.

In this case, you may be better off using another plugin if you definitely require your users to be able to select categories themselves.

This plugin here looks like one that may work for your needs: https://en-ca.wordpress.org/plugins/subscribe2/

I see you are currently in trial with us right now, I know it's likely disappointing that Subscribe By Email didn't fit the bill here, but I do want recommend a few other products you should check out that are a great addition to any site, WP Smush Pro, and Hummingbird. They will ensure your sites images and overall performance are optimized.

We also have our remote backups feature in our Hub planned to go live this up coming week :slight_smile:

If you have any further questions on anything above just let me know.

Cheers,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.