Missing Features on Events+ plugin update

I have updated to the latest version of Events+ and love the new featuers you have added, however when I integrated the BuddyPress: My Events tab, I noticed that there are several fields missing from the "add new event form page.

1) I am not able to put the event into a Category

2) I cannot make the event recurring

3) I cannot give the event a Featured Image

A new feature idea would be to have event ratings and moderation on any front-end posted events so the admin can decide which events are on the live site.

Thank you so much for the great plugins!
Shayna

• aecnu

Greetings Shayna,

Welcome to WPMU Dev!

when I integrated the BuddyPress: My Events tab, I noticed that there are several fields missing from the "add new event form page.

This is a strange anomaly that is happening and your WordPress install includes the latest version of Buddy Press?
    WordPress version 3.3.1?
    MultiSite or Solo?

And you do not have these issues in the normal WordPress Events Tab?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• vcbuzzmagazine

Thank you for the quick response!

Just to be clear, I am referring to how it looks on the front end and not the back end. I have a normal Buddypress install with Solo Wordpress.

I'd like to know how I can have the same options to add an event on the front end as I do on the backend?

- I am not able to put the event into a Category
    - I cannot make the event recurring
    - I cannot give the event a Featured Image

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
    Shayna

• aecnu

Greetings Shayna,

Thank you for the valuable feedback and also clarifying that you are referring to the front end and not the back end as I was initially digging into.

Though I admit that I am not too familiar with this plugin yet, I did try to replicate the issue and found that I must log in to the back end to make any changes or add events.

I'll see about getting some advice from the lead developer of Events + plugin in here to see what I am missing if anything though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket.

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• controlyours

Hello there WPMU,

We agree with @vcbuzzmagazine on a couple of feature requests/options that he's inquiring about.

Mainly, is there a way to apply a specific category to an event? If so, we would be able to style them differently than the other categories (in the calendar view)...giving the calendar a potential 'color key' to decipher what's is what.

It would be amazing if we could filter the events by clicking on what of the categories in the key, only to show a specific category at one time on the calendar. By default, if we could choose what categories are shown to the public, and they could click a check box next to the other categories they'd like to display (or not) at one time...that would be really rad.

Also, if we could have a timeline breakdown of a single day, what was going on, etc...that would be so awesome. Here's an example of what we're thinking about: http://www.kearneybars.com/bar-news/saint-patricks-day-2012/#timeline (attached also) <-- that is something that we created for this last St. Patrick's day (as a printable PDF) and it went over really well in our town. A basic version of this daily breakdown by the hour for events or specials would be phenomenal!

Finally, we love that the 'reoccurring' feature has been added! Thank You!

Please let us know about dividing them up in categories, or applying specific events to specific buddy press groups...we could hack that to do a similar thing to what we're looking for.

Thanks again,
    ~The Control Yours Team