Missing images on cloned site

When I cloned the site many of the remote images were the wrong size, so subsequently it didn't clone them (or so it seems) I am guessing this has to do with WP Smush. Now many of the images on the new site are missing.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Travis,

I checked your site and issue is with only svg images. Seems that Cloner has problem with svg images on Amazon S3. Smush doesn't process svg images at all, so those files are not touched by it.
    But I performed test to be sure - I disabled for moment Smush Pro, uploaded new svg file to test subsite (so Smush was not in the picture for whole process) and then cloned it.
    There was again error "Remote file is incorrect size".
    I also tested this on my site - Cloner and svg images and then in works.
    So this is issue with svg on Amazon.

In this case I'm going to escalate this to our Second Line Support developers so they will investigate reason why Cloner is not able to copy svg images when they are on remote server.
    As soon they will have update we will post it in the ticket.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Travis
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

I know you guys are still working on this, but it seems that the original site now has all sorts of errors (missing images, missing js files, missing css files)

Can I somehow get this reverted as this site is currently being evaluated?

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Travis,

I'm sorry to hear about that - however during my tests I was only working on subsite created for testing purposes, so nothing was changed on the main site. Disabling and Enabling Smush would not make problems with CSS and JS files - can you check if you haven't enable Minification in Hummingbird on your main site? If Minification is not configured it can cause issues with displaying site.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Ari
    • Recruit

Hey Travis,

Hope you are well today!

It seems the both of SFTP & cPanel access to incorrect, can you please send me the correct credentials again to me through our secure contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question
    Using the below template:

Subject: "Attn: Ari"
    - WordPress admin (login url/username/password)
    - SFTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - cPanel/Plesk credentials (host/username/password)
    - link back to this thread for reference (it is: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/missing-images-on-cloned-site)

Keep in mind the subject line as ensures that it gets assigned to me.

It seems the problem only with SVG files with cloner & AWS together, so I'm going to use your AWS credentials in my testing sandbox, so I can test the issue properly.

Best Regards, Ari

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.