Missing localizations

Hi,

I found a couple of places where some localizations are missing:

1. user-question: question/questions and answer/answer
2. the email sent to the user when a new answer is posted

For the user-question the solution was to copy the file to my template folder and edit it but I still don't know how to solve the email issue.

Update: In the settings I have a fully translated template for an email (which seems to be used for when a new question is posted) but then the email I got when a new answer was posted contains unlocalized portions:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Subject: [Perguntas do Abapinho] New answer on "Quem matou Moby Dick?"
Date: 16 April 2012 10:14:40 AM GMT+01:00
To: mail@nunogodinho.com

sdfraga adicionada nova resposta a Quem matou Moby Dick?:

Quem matou o Moby foi o Rock!

To manage your subscription, visit the question.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Please advise.

Regards,
Nuno

Kimberly

Hello Nuno!

Thanks for using WPMUdev forums!

Are you using the Q&A plugin? Just wanting to make sure in-case we have to ping the developer, I will know who to go to.

How did you translate?

I'm attaching a fix from another plugin/thread, but perhaps the methodology is the same or can get you started in a direction to look?

My users have the option to show the admin interface in a different language, and since the option values are escaped and translated through esc_attr_e(), there's a mismatch when comparing the values on the options page and in the theme (and possibly other places).

I got it to work by using esc_attr() instead.

Example (framemarket/options/options-setup.php):
    Before:
    <input type="radio" name="framemarket_theme_options[logoinput]" value="<?php esc_attr_e( $option['value'] ); ?>" <?php echo $checked; ?> />

After:
    <input type="radio" name="framemarket_theme_options[logoinput]" value="<?php echo esc_attr( $option['value'] ); ?>" <?php echo $checked; ?> />

Let me know what you think or if the esc_attr() value helps at all!

Best,

Kimberly

nununo

Hi Kimberly,

Yes I'm using the Q&A plugin.

Not sure if I understood what you said or if I didn't make myself clear in the first place.

What I meant to say is that I found some texts used by the Q&A plugin which cannot be localized:

1. Some texts are written in english directly on the template "user-question"
    2. The text which is sent by email to the users when a new answer is posted on a question for which they subscribed is also sent in english and I don't seem to find any place where it can be localized.

The template is easily edited, but the email I still didn't figure out how to change.

Cheers,
    Nuno

aecnu

Greetings Nuno,

Just checking in to see where we are at with this issue?

If it has not yet been resolved could you please post the exact text of an email you receive so that I can hunt down the coding, it would be greatly appreciated?

In addition, please be sure to either keep a copy of you customized files on your computer or permission the customized files on your host to 444 read only so they will not be over written in the event of an update.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

aecnu

Greetings Nuno,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe