Missing Query Type

I have a plugin that uses sql_calc_found_rows and from looking at db.php this plugin does not support it. If someone could update the plugin to support this query that would be great.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings mmedia,

Thank you for this great question and a significant item to bring up.

It can be pretty challenging to support other peoples work, but we do our best here to help you with any WordPress issues at all.

This would certainly fall into the niche realm and also the realm of a feature request though I believe a custom coded "define" would be applicable but I am not the lead programmer or a coder.

With that said I will alert the lead developer to this request and move it to feature requests.

You can now make plugin and feature requests here:
    http://wpmudev.uservoice.com/

The more popular a request is and the more votes it gets, the more likely it will be considered.

It might have already been suggested. It is worth a quick search to add your votes before submitting a new suggestion.

Alternatively, you could see if there's a developer available at wpmu jobs who could get onto it right this minute.

Cheers, Joe

• mmedia
    • The Incredible Code Injector

So what your saying is that even though it carries the wpmudev name of another wpmu plugin that uses those sql queries is SOL? You will have to excuse my stupidity, but I was under the impression that paying for a membership gave some assurance that all the plugins available in the membership are cross compatible and I am coming to find out that this is not the case at all. Our membership entitles us to a bunch of finger pointing instead of troubleshooting and plugins that are not well documented nor like to work with other plugins. Once again I'll invest my time into getting it working even though it should work out of the gate.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings mmedia,

So what your saying is that even though it carries the wpmudev name of another wpmu plugin that uses those sql queries is SOL?

What i said is that I will in fact alert the lead developer - which I did.

Maybe I am missing something here, I am certainly not perfect nor do I know everything.

Which WPMU Dev plugin uses the sql_calc_found_rows that we are not providing support for?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

I have a plugin that uses sql_calc_found_rows and from looking at db.php this plugin does not support it. If someone could update the plugin to support this query that would be great.

Multi-db handles that just fine, as I use it in a number of my own plugins.

What makes you think that it doesn't?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.