Missing thumbnail on the Calendar Events

Hello I was disappointed to see the thumbnail from featured images no longer show up on the hover on a date that has an event. I don't know why it went away.

I hope one of you could jump to fix it easily. Could you explain to me how you did that I could learn from you? Events+ is tough to find what I need because I think it has different templates.

You can find on the second section of the front page and then click on Calendar View or just from top-right menu of the screen for Events

Thanks in advance, Karen

Kasia Swiderska

Hello Karen,

Can you tell me if you maybe change plugin code to display thumbnails on calendar view on archive page? Because option to display thumbnails is avaliable in shortcode that is displayig calendar

[eab_calendar navigation="yes" with_thumbnail="yes"]

and I tested that shortcode on my site and it displayed featured image correctly.
    I spoke with developer and for Calendar used on archive pages there is no option to display featured images. It is only when using shortcode.
    Or maybe you changed pages from one that was using shortcode to default archive page and change for it template?

kind regards,
    Kasia

Karen

It is possible I did something like below. I had some issues with shortcode because it could not pagination to previous or next despite I added navigation="yes"

Anyway what I did to make this work as I like. I was not sure why with_thumbnail default set to false.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In class_eab_calendar_helper.php

In the class Eab_CalendarTable_EventArchiveCalendar extends Eab_CalendarTable {} function

I changed to true from false for this particular variables
    protected $_thumbnail = array(
    'with_thumbnail' => true, //changed from false
    'default_thumbnail' => true, //changed from false
    );

However I changed this directly to the file. Where should I create one in the child theme or function. Please advise. This will make much easier when I upgrade to newer version. I have a child theme directory and I believe I need to add function. Please kindly to give me step by step for a very minor change.

Thanks in advance, Karen

Kasia Swiderska

Hello Karen,

At the moment there is no other way to change that template than changing plugin code - there is no filter that could be used for that outside plugin.
    Good news is that I spoke with developer and they will think about some solution for future version of plugin that will allow to move that code to separate function or they will create new option for it in plugin settings.

kind regards,
    Kasia