Mixed content rendered in HTTPS protocol

Humming Bird not working properly with https.

My site is multi-lingual Wordpress site, with different domain name per language. My site is SSL certified site. Certainly, I installed the humming bird plugin. I had enabled cache given the plugin. Now, when I run the site, it is not full loaded. And I check for errors in console (chrome browser ). There are alots of logs. Please check the image

For being sure it was caused by the plugin. I tried by deactivating the plugin. And It was a hit. My site run properly with out ?*Humming Bird*? Plugin. I did some research over the internet and follows some links provided by premium.wpmudev.org's forum. But it did not work on my issue.

So. we are hoping you guys might provide us solution.

• Linda

I'm just gonna jump right in here to ask my question, hope you don't mind, but hummingbird seems really cool, but evidently optimizing your speed is a trial and error sort of thing...when the plugin offers the possibility to 'revert' content back to the header, do you then hit save between your tests and then you can revert back after you save? Or are you supposed to feel the difference without saving?
    Furthermore do you add a cdn before you start minification?

thanks in advance
    Linda

• Tyler Postle

Hey Linda,

when the plugin offers the possibility to 'revert' content back to the header, do you then hit save between your tests and then you can revert back after you save? Or are you supposed to feel the difference without saving?

You will want to hit "Save" then check your site. The option to revert the file to original placement is done in the same manner, just click the "original" radio button again then hit save then it will be back in it's original spot.

Furthermore do you add a cdn before you start minification?

If you choose to use our CDN, that is built into the plugin then it doesn't matter when you do it; however, depending what CDN you are using - you may not need to use Hummingbird's minification as that will be done through your CDN.

We do have integration with Cloudflare in Hummingbird, so if you are using that then make sure you setup the Cloudflare integration in the Hummingbird settings so Hummingbird can control your minification.

If you have further questions just let us know.

By the way, any future tickets you can create a new one instead of posting on an old one: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/#question

It will get assigned faster that way and you will get quicker reply :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Linda

Hi there Tyler :slight_smile:

thanks a mil for your quick response. That is really terrific that I can hit save and if everything looks off can just revert back :slight_smile: :slight_smile: but if I understand you correctly I don't want to do all that before I start cloudflare? I just integrate cloudflare and that'll be that? I was also considering to use a lazy loader plugin to speed up things even more. or do something more to it so that speed is as optimal as I possibly can get it. Is that a good idea do you think? Have even looked at discussions online which suggest that you can use css instead of img files, but I cannot quite figure out what they mean. The reason being that I have bought some premium themes and everytime they have logos which aren't an image but rather a sort of code plotted in...is that what they mean by converting img files into css?

Anyway thanks again Tyler :slight_smile:

Kind regards
    Linda

• Tyler Postle

No problem! Happy to help :slight_smile:

but if I understand you correctly I don't want to do all that before I start cloudflare? I just integrate cloudflare and that'll be that?

Yes it would be best to setup Cloudflare first. By default, Cloudflare's settings override Hummingbirds, so the integration is to just make sure everything matches up on both sides.

I was also considering to use a lazy loader plugin to speed up things even more. or do something more to it so that speed is as optimal as I possibly can get it. Is that a good idea do you think?

Yes a lazy Load plugin such as this one: https://wordpress.org/plugins/lazy-load/ or whichever your preferred one is would help too - that can be used alongside our WP Smush Pro plugin if you aren't using it already. Smush will optimize the image itself and then Lazy Load will optimize the way it is loaded to the web page.

Have even looked at discussions online which suggest that you can use css instead of img files, but I cannot quite figure out what they mean. The reason being that I have bought some premium themes and everytime they have logos which aren't an image but rather a sort of code plotted in...is that what they mean by converting img files into css?

This really depends on the type of images you are using. For example, buttons can often be easily replaced with some CSS instead of using button images, most themes use CSS for button styling now, but that is just an example.

In most cases, the images you add to your posts would be best to just use as-is.

If you were to try and convert all your images into CSS then you would end up with a ton of CSS which could also be a loading issue.

Hope that helps! Again, let us know if you have further questions.

Cheers,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.