Mobile display issue

Hi, not sure if you are aware but I am seeing some display errors when viewing this site on my iPhone.
Theres overlaid text problems in profile activity and start discussion. The profile seems to be offering an option of some sort but is mixed in with background txt. Please see images.
Regards
Ps can't attach screenshot from iPhone no file select option offered. Will email and update.

• David H
    • The Crimson Coder

Hiya,
    Now that I am off my phone from viewing the community and at the desktop I can update the post. To be clear I will list the problem I had using your mobile site.
    This occurred using an iPhone 4s running the latest O/S with safari.

Several pages had incorrectly overlaid text displays. Most prominently was the my discussions page. On another page there was also a mishmash of the selecting a page drop down and featured discussion being overlaid. Please see screen shots.

I also was unable to attach a screen shot from the link. It opened what looked like a blank file attachment or something.

I could not see anywhere to log out either. might be useful yto add this to the page selector.

Other than that the mobile site looks quite well, but maybe just needs some fine tuning? (do you have a mobile plugin? dont remember seeing one)

cheers
    David

• David H
    • The Crimson Coder

I see what happened here now. I was under the impression that this was another diverted mobile friendly site but it isn't. The overlay text is just the side bar margin compressed into the smaller screen size from the main display.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings David,

Thank you for the additional input concerning this issue, it is certainly appreciated.

Though I cannot replicate this myself because I am not into the mobile thing nor have a device thereof, I will alert our lead developer in charge of this @Victor so that he may indeed see what is going on here and the great screen shots you submitted.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• David H
    • The Crimson Coder

Thanks aecnu
    I am not a huge mobile device user myself but just went to catch up on a thread via iphone and saw it.

It isn't an error as such I don't think just not configured for mobile viewing. No problems, see what Victor says in due course.

David

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings David,

You are absolutely spot on there and I do not know if it was intended or not to be mobile accessible, but I am sure that @Victor will be able to give us the info or indeed the fix if this is the intended use.

I cannot imagine after using my 32" LCD to even think of looking at anything under 17" which are the screens on my two laptops ... lol

Though not at all relative to you in any way, shape or form, but it is funny how people are. I remember clients of my computer stores some years back complaining that they just will not watch movies on their then 15" computer monitors, and how I have caught some of these very same people in Starbucks staring into a 4" screen watching a movie!

Cheers, Joe

• Victor Ivanov
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi David,

thanks for pointing this out. We have previously adapted community section to be responsive and tested it on a few devices which was all fine. So i'm guessing that the issue is related to some of the more recent commits.

Anyway, I've added this to our list, and we should have it resolved very shortly.
    Thank you for being our member!

Cheers,

Victor

• David H
    • The Crimson Coder

Thanks everyone,
    I will check on my mobile today.

I'm meant to be doing the gardening (which I hate) so any excuse will do!!

As a side thought - There are a couple of WP plugins for creating mobile sites but none by wpmudev as far as I can see. I searched on the suggestion scheme site but couldn't see that one was in development which is a bit of a surprise.

• David H
    • The Crimson Coder

I am still seeing a mix up of the sidebar being forced to overlay the main content. Same as the screenshot. But as we have said this might be a lot to do with the pages not having a mobile optimised version, I don't know.

I'll stick to my desktop to see the site.

And as for the dev of a generic plugin for WP by wpmudev it seems it is under dev right now but still asking for votes:

You can give it a vote here:
    http://wpmudev.uservoice.com/forums/148158-wpmu-dev-new-development-requests/suggestions/2592960-mobile-plugin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.