Mobile(?) drop down goto menu appearing after them update

I have the avada theme on my website http://www.dermotmurphy.com and I just updated the theme to the latest versions.

Now a storage goto drop down menu is appearing along with the top navigation ( i notice that the page loads properly and then after a second the menu fonts change and this little drop down box appears)

Any ideas why and how to get third of it?

Please see attached screenshot.

Thanks in advance.

• Dermot Murphy
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Tyler.

I’m afraid it’s still NOT WORKING.

Do you know what I do notice though is when the page first loads it loads correctly but if you wait for a few seconds (try this) and watch the fonts on the horizontal menu at the top of the page!…..they all change font and then the drop down goto menu appears. Why would that happen?

I have tried this on two computers in different locations (Both Mac’s) and in Safari and Chrome and I ge the drop down menu evey time.

This is the same menu that appears when you view the site on a mobile phone and it replaces the other menu but it shout Not be appearing when viewed from desktop.

I can’t understand how you can’t see the same thing? What do you think it could be??

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Did you try adding the code I placed above?

I’m on windows and it shows up fine in chrome, and firefox; however, I downloaded safari to test it and the menu drops down a line below the logo. The above code should fix that because it will make the menu less wide.

The “Go To” dropdown must only be showing up on macs. I’m guessing it is showing up because it doesn’t think the nav area is wide enough.

Let us know, have you checked the themes forums? This could be a known issue.

Cheers,

Tyler

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Dermot,

Just wanted to follow up with you and see if you have resolved this?

I was unable to reproduce the issue; however, a colleague of mine came up with possible solution that is definitely worth trying out (if it hasn’t been resolved).

Try adding this code to your custom stylesheet:

@media only screen and (min-device-width : 768px) and (max-device-width : 1024px) {
    .mobile-nav-holder.main-menu {display: none;}
    }

The media query will ensure that it only targets the desktop version of your site :slight_smile:

Keep us updated on the situation. We’re always happy to help!

Cheers,

Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.