Mobile issue on Hustle

Hey guys.

I have set my slide out box on Hustle for http://www.blogtyrant.com to not display on mobile devices but I can still see if on my iphone. Can you assist please? Thanks!

Ramsay

• James Morris
    • WordPress Enthusiast

Hello Ramsay,

While we certainly appreciate your concern for security, I can assure you that Support Access is secure. The benefit of Support Access is you do not need to provide us with a Username or Password for us to be able to login to your site via the WPMU DEV Dashboard. All you have to do is grant access.

I’m afraid that, in this situation, we really need to be able to check your settings and run some tests in order to determine exactly what is going on and why the conditions are not being honored correctly. If you could go ahead and grant Support Access, we could do that for you.

However, if you absolutely cannot provide us access, we can give you some troubleshooting steps to perform that may flush out the source of the problem.

Whenever you perform a plugin conflict test, it’s always better to do so on a staging site. You can learn how to create a staging site here.

The simplest way to perform a plugin conflict test:

* Login to your site via FTP

* Navigate to wp-content

* Rename the plugins folder to _plugins

* Create a new plugins folder

* Move the plugin folder (ex: hustle) you want to test from _plugins to plugins

* Then, one at a time, move other plugin folders over from _plugins to plugins until the symptom returns

NOTE: While you are doing this, do not visit WP Admin -> Plugins on your site. This will ensure that your plugins remain active when you copy them back over.

If that does not lead to a solution, could you please enable WP_DEBUG and provide us with the output of your debug.log file?

To enable WP_DEBUG, change the following line in your wp-config.php file:

define('WP_DEBUG', false);

To this:

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

// Disable display of errors and warnings
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
    @ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

After you’ve visited the pages that are causing you problems, please go to wp-content/ on your server via FTP and download the debug.log file to your local computer. Then, open that file with a text editor like notepad (Windows), GEdit (Linux), or TextEdit (Mac). You can then save the file as a .txt file and upload it here as an attachment to your post.

I look forward to seeing the results of your tests.

Best regards,

James Morris

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello Ramsay

We are sorry for the delay.

I’ve turned the Slide Out off but you can enable it to test the mobile issue.

How did you turn slide-in off? I am asking because I can see the slide-in is live but not seeing the slide on even desktop. Did you use any css or something?

Please let me know and we will check. Have a nice day!

Cheers,

Ash

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Thanks Ramsay

I have just checked your site and found the slide is not showing in iPhone. Here is a video screencast you can see: http://take.ms/nI7VZ

Please note that, during testing, I changed the waiting time 1 sec from 45 sec and purged cache.

Would you please try again on your iPhone and let us know? You may try in private mode in safari to be 100% sure.

Let us know how it goes.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,

Ash

• Ramsay
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi guys. I’ve since checked this on iPhone and Android and a couple of different screen sizes. It is still appearing on mobile, and also on posts that I’ve set it to not appear on in the settings. I’m going to disable it but please feel free to enable it again to check. Thank you!

Ash

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello Ramsay

Were you testing on the same network? If so, would you please try in a different network or maybe on 3g/4g? I have just confirmed with my another colleague and he doesn’t see the slide either. We can’t replicate this from our end. Just FYI, we three persons are from three countries.

So, would you please check in another network connection and let us know? Have a nice day!

Cheers,

Ash

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello Ramsay

Finally, I could replicate the issue. We have sent your issue to our second level support team. Please note that, they deal with more complex issues, so there might be little delay. We appreciate your patience on this.

Would you please send me your admin login and cPanel details so that I can pass to the developer?

You can send me privately in the following format:

1. Please go to https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question

2. Select “I have a different question” if not selected

3. In subject line put “Attn-Ash” (this will ensure that the email is assigned to me)

4. Provide the wanted details.

5. Add the thread link in the message so that I can track.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,

Ash

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

One more thing, before I ping the developer, would you please try the pro version of Hustle? I just saw that you are using the free version of Hustle which has some restriction.

Please go to https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/hustle/ and download the plugin. Now use FTP, go to wp-content > plugins > and remove current hustle plugin. Extract the hustle pro that would download from the above link. And then, upload the plugin in wp-content > plugins directory.

Once you install the pro version in this way, please reset full cache and try one more time. Let me know and send the above information if it still doesn’t work for you and I will immediately report to the developer.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,

Ash

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello Ramsay

I have just tested here: https://www.blogtyrant.com/how-to-get-google-to-send-you-119717-visitors-every-month/ on chrome and I could close the slide without any issue. I am on a mac.

Do you know OS they are using who could not close the slide? Also, when you say they can’t close the slide, do you mean the close button is not working or there is no close button to close the slide?

Have a nice day!

Cheers,

Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.