Mobile plugin

Hi,

Nearly every mobile plugin i install from the wp-repository it just shows a blank page on my mobile device.. I'm using buddypress social theme.. I have the mobile plugin uppsite installed at the moment. And it's still giving me the same result.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

• successfulgeek
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

What is your goal for the mobile site? Give all the functionality that you have on your existing site?

I do a lot of mobile work for clients and don't really use Mobile Plugins because they don't give the functionality that is needed. I prefer to basically do a redirect to a mobile layout that was specifically designed for their business. If they don't want anything special usually I will just set them up with a mobile responsive theme, and if you are using Buddypress, I know the latest default theme is supposed to be mobile responsive so you might not even need a plugin.

• wayne
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi, successfulgeek..

I am using buddypress, and the theme i am using is buddypress social, I just want members or visitors to view the site in a mobile format..

Hi, Brian

I have installed wp-touch. and gone through all the settings. When i go to my site on my mobile device, it says that this page contains to many server redirects.

Any further assistance would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks, wayne

• Brian Purkiss
    • Smushie Pies

I'm sorry but we are unable to provide support for a third party plugin. :slight_frown:

You would need to contact them to see if they can help you.

However, I can provide you with some quick direction. The first step in debugging issues is to deactivate all plugins except for wpTouch and revert to the default WordPress theme and see if the problem persists. If it does, then we know it's an issue with WordPress and wpTouch. If it goes away then we know the issue is with a plugin or theme conflict, so you would then go in and re-activate each theme/plugin one by one until the problem appears, then you'll have discovered the conflict.

Hope that helps.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.