Mobile themes for Pro Sites/MU

Hi All,

I hear that mobile devices are pretty big when it comes to the web now days. I’m a little late to the party, as usual. Anyone here using a great mobile theme on Pro Sites or simply on a MU network?

My model is a network built for business websites. My clients typically are average or below average computer users, so it needs to be something that is simple to setup, works out of the box and compatible with their main theme without jumping through flaming hoops.

I’d love to hear your input!

Thanks!

Scott

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey Scott.

Specific mobile themes are not so in any more. But you can still get em, in fact you might like this plugin:

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wptouch/

They also offer a cool Pro version with tons more features. If you wanted something like that, it would uniform how all designs look on your site.

Or the buzz word at the moment is “Responsive“. A responsive theme will basically adapt to its environment and thus should work well with mobile devices also.

For examples of responsive themes, checkout our sister site here:

10 Free Responsive WordPress Themes

You might also find this article useful whilst searching for themes:

Why You Should Never Search For Free WordPress Themes

If you are new to WordPress as well, then you might also like to read my post here:

Workflow for setting-up an online service, like Edublogs.

I hope you find this useful. If you need anything else then please just let us know.

Take care.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Scott,

Just checking if this issue was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that’s great news.

If not, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the ‘Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)’ box below the post area (or else we’ll miss it!)

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.