Moderation - instalation

Hi,

I have a few question about instalation and first setup of this plugin. I have a one wpmu instlation with 17 subdomains, only new user can register - so no new blogs. I want to moderate the posts from all 17 subdomains. Each user have acces for each domain with subsriptor rights.

1 - is there any manual or setup for moderate?
2 - should I activate each subdomain separately (XML-RPC?)
3 - Error: Post archive - I write a user - list of posts - than i click to the (action) show - and then I have error - blank page with "Cannot read post-archive."
4 - I tryed to write 4 post with two test users and just one post i can moderate.... why i cannot moderate all 4 posts?

It looks like have done wrong setup or similar :slight_frown:

Thanks for help,
Bigdrobek

• Mason

Hiya Bigdrobek,

First off, welcome to WPMU DEV! Glad you're here!

There are some instructions for getting moderation up and running included with the download. The are pretty exact as far as where the files need to be placed. Can you do a double-check for me and make sure everything is in the correct location?

Also, can you check your server error logs for any php errors? If we can get some more information I'm sure we can help you get it sorted.

I haven't seen that Post Archive error before either, but first I want to make sure everything's installed correctly. We'll go from there.

Thanks!

• Bigdrobek

OK, I chack the instalation, bet there is just which file where to download :slight_frown:
    Then advice about SQL if not works.)

I want to use moderation to control posts which another users send for approving to me. How I can this setup?

in log there i dont know what to find
    - ap_content_length_filter: apr_bucket_read() failed, referer: http://xxxxxxxx.cz/wp-admin/ms-admin.php?page=manage-tips&updated=true&updatedmsg=Settings+saved.
    - Request exceeded the limit of 10 internal redirects due to probable configuration error. Use 'LimitInternalRecursion' to increase the limit if necessary. Use 'LogLevel debug' to get a backtrace.

• Bigdrobek

OK, you was right my hosting write me that i have a mistake in .httpacces with comment that there is some cycling of rules. they give me two links:

http://www.webmasterworld.com/apache/3197809.htm
    http://mu.wordpress.org/forums/search.php?search=LimitInternalRecursion&forum_id=0

But I am not good with this things, may you have a look to my .htacces?

the last part "# BEGIN W3TC Page Cache" I have just now deleted, because I dont use the plug-in any more.

RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /

#uploaded files
    RewriteRule ^(.*/)?files/$ index.php [L]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !.*wp-content/plugins.*
    RewriteRule ^(.*/)?files/(.*) wp-includes/ms-files.php?file=$2 [L]

# add a trailing slash to /wp-admin
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^.*/wp-admin$
    RewriteRule ^(.+)$ $1/ [R=301,L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
    RewriteRule . - [L]
    RewriteRule ^([_0-9a-zA-Z-]+/)?(wp-.*) $2 [L]
    RewriteRule ^([_0-9a-zA-Z-]+/)?(.*\.php)$ $2 [L]
    RewriteRule . index.php [L]

<IfModule mod_security.c>
    <Files async-upload.php>
    SecFilterEngine Off
    SecFilterScanPOST Off
    </Files>
    </IfModule>

# BEGIN W3TC Page Cache
    <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /
    RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^(www\.)?([a-z0-9\-\.]+\.[a-z]+)\.?(:[0-9]+)?$
    RewriteRule .* - [E=W3TC_DOMAIN:%2]
    RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} (2\.0\ mmp|240x320|alcatel|amoi|asus|au\-mic|audiovox|avantgo|benq|bird|blackberry|blazer|cdm|cellphone|danger|ddipocket|docomo|dopod|elaine/3\.0|ericsson|eudoraweb|fly|haier|hiptop|hp\.ipaq|htc|huawei|i\-mobile|iemobile|j\-phone|kddi|konka|kwc|kyocera/wx310k|lenovo|lg|lg/u990|lge\ vx|midp|midp\-2\.0|mmef20|mmp|mobilephone|mot\-v|motorola|netfront|newgen|newt|nintendo\ ds|nintendo\ wii|nitro|nokia|novarra|o2|openweb|opera\ mobi|opera\.mobi|palm|panasonic|pantech|pdxgw|pg|philips|phone|playstation\ portable|portalmmm|ppc|proxinet|psp|pt|qtek|sagem|samsung|sanyo|sch|sec|sendo|sgh|sharp|sharp\-tq\-gx10|sie|small|smartphone|softbank|sonyericsson|sph|symbian|symbian\ os|symbianos|toshiba|treo|ts21i\-10|up\.browser|up\.link|uts|vertu|vodafone|wap|willcome|windows\ ce|windows\.ce|winwap|xda|zte) [NC]
    RewriteRule .* - [E=W3TC_UA:_low]
    RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} (acer\ s100|android|archos5|blackberry9500|blackberry9530|blackberry9550|cupcake|docomo\ ht\-03a|dream|htc\ hero|htc\ magic|htc_dream|htc_magic|incognito|ipad|iphone|ipod|lg\-gw620|liquid\ build|maemo|mot\-mb200|mot\-mb300|nexus\ one|opera\ mini|samsung\-s8000|series60.*webkit|series60/5\.0|sonyericssone10|sonyericssonu20|sonyericssonx10|t\-mobile\ mytouch\ 3g|t\-mobile\ opal|tattoo|webmate|webos) [NC]
    RewriteRule .* - [E=W3TC_UA:_high]
    RewriteCond %{HTTPS} =on
    RewriteRule .* - [E=W3TC_SSL:_ssl]
    RewriteCond %{SERVER_PORT} =443
    RewriteRule .* - [E=W3TC_SSL:_ssl]
    RewriteCond %{HTTP:Accept-Encoding} gzip
    RewriteRule .* - [E=W3TC_ENC:.gzip]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_METHOD} !=POST
    RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} =""
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} \/$
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !(\/wp-admin\/|\/xmlrpc.php|\/wp-(app|cron|login|register|mail)\.php|wp-.*\.php|index\.php) [NC,OR]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} (wp-comments-popup\.php|wp-links-opml\.php|wp-locations\.php) [NC]
    RewriteCond %{HTTP_COOKIE} !(comment_author|wp-postpass|wordpress_\[a-f0-9\]\+|wordpress_logged_in) [NC]
    RewriteCond "/www/p/r/u29277/public_html/wp-content/w3tc-%{ENV:W3TC_DOMAIN}/pgcache/$1/_index%{ENV:W3TC_UA}%{ENV:W3TC_SSL}.html%{ENV:W3TC_ENC}" -f
    RewriteRule (.*) "/wp-content/w3tc-%{ENV:W3TC_DOMAIN}/pgcache/$1/_index%{ENV:W3TC_UA}%{ENV:W3TC_SSL}.html%{ENV:W3TC_ENC}" [L]
    </IfModule>
    # END W3TC Page Cache

• Bigdrobek

Two points:
    1) Error in log files
    I (hope) have solved this by new .httacces which WP3 tell you in case you switch normal wp to multisite one. Now I have just one error (5x per today) in logfile

[Tue Nov 23 16:32:11 2010] [error] [client xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] (70007)The timeout specified has expired: ap_content_length_filter: apr_bucket_read() failed

Please, do you have an idea about the error above?

2) I deleted Moderation because
    a) I use better (paid) plugin for aproving articles - Kish Multi Pro
    b) it give me 9 html error in validator - just now i ´ve experienced this (but this in not really important)

New htaccess:

RewriteEngine On<br />
    RewriteBase /<br />
    RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]</p>
    <p># uploaded files<br />
    RewriteRule ^files/(.+) wp-includes/ms-files.php?file=$1 [L]</p>
    <p>RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]<br />
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d<br />
    RewriteRule ^ - [L]<br />
    RewriteRule . index.php [L]