Moderator view not visible

I have tested the UF plugin on a site and I see the moderator view. On another site though, the moderator view is not available and the only thing you can do is comment - you cannot delete comments, for example, can't moderate them, etc.

What could be the issue? Any FB experts on the dev team?

Kimberly

Is this the UF comments portion of the plugin? Could I see a pic of your settings for that section?

If the admin is not affiliated with the Facebook Account that is connected to the API used to activate it, it may not show you as a "Moderator"

That would be allowing others to edit comments on a page that is not theirs and Facebook is very stringent about things like that

websww

Do you really think that I don't know that I am supposed to be the logged in user on FB as well on the site? Really?

You don't know your own plugins? And you're supporting them? Yes, commenting is a part of the plugin....

and yes, apparently, it should work. It does not, not on a second site. It works on one, doesn't work on another. My question is what is needed for the moderator view to appear. I am technical, so please, get this to some support person who knows the plugin well.

Kimberly

Do you really think that I don't know that I am supposed to be the logged in user on FB as well on the site? Really?

I don't know what you know. Which is why I made the suggestion. Believe it or not, others have had this problem

You don't know your own plugins? And you're supporting them? Yes, commenting is a part of the plugin....

There are many pluigns that work with Facebook Comments. Not just ours.

I'm sorry to say my helpfulness doesn't get any better when faced with indignation, it's a support skill I've not mastered yet.

You have not specified the structure of your "one site" and your "other site".

If you are using a multisite I would suggest you ensure that your API credentials are being shared to all of your sites. If the "other site" is a subdomain then I will flag a developer as Facebook doesn't like granting permissions that way.

The above was advice shared from a developer. A technical and savvy one as well.

Cheers!

websww

No, both sites are simple wordpress sites. Same plugin shows the moderator view on one site and doesn't show moderator view on the other site.

Site 1: regular wordperss, installed the plugin with my fb user, created the app with that user, same app set up in the plugin settings.

Site 2: regular wordpress, installed the plugin while logged in fb with another fb user, created the app with that other user, set that app in the plugin.

Site 2 doesn't show moderator view for the comments, when logged in fb / wp admin simultaneously with the user used to create the app and set up the plugin.

Kimberly

Thank you for the clarification

I would suggest that you check the Offsite Depreciation settings for your Facebook Application (Advanced options) you should change them from the default to enable them. If you need a screenshot for this I will gladly provide.

If they are already enabled and your sites are on a multisite (vs two separate installs) then I would suggest ensuring both are set to disable, then try logging in via facebook to verify there is no confusion with the requests to facebook from the same top domain and then enable the depreciation settings once more and test. More often than not, enabling will solve the issue.

We have found that Facebook permissions are fickle when using "log in with facebook" vs admin (on many plugins, not just ours) and it's due to the way Facebook handles the communications from external requests.

This will all be changed in May by Facebook, and we are adjusting the plugin code to comply, but until then we must work with what Facebook allows. If this does not help then I will personally mail the developer

Best!

aecnu

Greetings websww,

Just checking if this issue was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that's great news.

If not, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe