modify layout of Login and Sign-Up pages

Hi,
I am using Membership 2 Pro and I have three issues.
1. I need to modify the layout of pages Login and Sign-up. Especially the Login page looks awful. Please advise how to do it.
2. I currently have Login and Sign-Up in my Main Menu. However, when someone is already logged in, Login and Sign-Up should not be an option in my Main Menu. They should be replaced by My Account page. Can you please advise how to do that?
3. When someone is Logged in he/she sees the message "We have the following subscriptions available for our site. To join, simply click on the Sign Up button and then complete the registration details." followed by a table with subscriptions. However, I don't want my users to be able to select subscriptions themselves. I assign the right subscription to them from the admin section. So, how could eliminate this functionality?

Regards
Nick

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Nick,

1. I need to modify the layout of pages Login and Sign-up. Especially the Login page looks awful. Please advise how to do it.

Usually that happens when your theme overrides the Membership 2 Pro CSS styles. In that case you will need to add your own CSS to change the look of the forms. Then you can
    a) add new styles to the child theme style.css file
    b) use this small plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-custom-css/
    If you are not familiar with CSS we can help with that, but you would need to give us more specific directions.

2. I currently have Login and Sign-Up in my Main Menu. However, when someone is already logged in, Login and Sign-Up should not be an option in my Main Menu. They should be replaced by My Account page. Can you please advise how to do that?

I'm afraid Membership does not have that option to switch those automatically. Workaround would be to create menu with all the items, but login and singup links would be then protected in Membership 2 -> Protection Rules -> Menu Item with Guest Membership (so for users that are not logged in) and Account page would need to be protected with all the memberships for the logged in users.

3. When someone is Logged in he/she sees the message "We have the following subscriptions available for our site. To join, simply click on the Sign Up button and then complete the registration details." followed by a table with subscriptions. However, I don't want my users to be able to select subscriptions themselves. I assign the right subscription to them from the admin section. So, how could eliminate this functionality?

You can set all your membership as private (Edit membership and switch to No in "This membership is public ")
    [image pos="0"]
    so they will not be able to select any membership. Only you will be able to add those to users.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Rupok

Hi Nick,

issue No1 about the custom CSS for the Login and Sigh-Up pages.
    Can you send me the CSS code required for those forms?

You can try the following custom CSS Code to fix the password input box and submit button design:

input[type="password"] {
      border: 1px solid #eaeaea;
      font-size: 13px;
      height: 45px;
      padding: 15px;
      width: 100%;
    }
    #wp-submit, #register {
      background: #ffffff none repeat scroll 0 0;
      border: 1px solid #eaeaea;
      padding: 20px 80px;
    }

You can add this to a theme's stylesheet, in a child theme, or using a plugin like My Custom CSS.

Please let us know if this doesn't do exactly what you want. We will be glad to help further.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Rupok

Hi Nick,

If you just want to change the text to uppercase letters, then it's possible with custom CSS Code:

button#register {
      text-transform: uppercase;
    }

You can add this to a theme's stylesheet, in a child theme, or using a plugin like My Custom CSS.

But if you want to change the label text of that button to another words, I think that will require custom jQuery code or the "Network Wide Text Change" module from our Ultimate Branding plugin.

Please let us know if you have any further inquiry. We will be glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok