Modify Registration "Blog Details".

Hello,

I've been struggling with a modification to my sites registration page and wanted to run it past your team.

My site uses BuddyPress and WordPress Multisite (Current versions) along with the "Secure Invite" plugin (requires users to users to receive and invite email to sign up).

WP and BP apply their necessary fields to the registration page (WP - Username, Password, Email, BP - Real Name). Multisite additionally adds the options to create a blog under "Blog Detail's" (Screen Shot of Registration Page).

My goal is to remove the "Blog Details" options for users to start a blog on registration, Without disabling the start a blog feature after registration is complete. Most forums point to the four options under the Network Settings page "Allow new registrations". These options do not allow removing the Blog Detail on registration without disabling the ability for users to start a blog sitewide (After they're members).

I've tried plugins from the WP Depository, Pastbin and have had the question posted to BP and WP forums for 2 months and still this no luck, so any help or insight with be extremely appreciated. Thanks a bunch!

• Dharmendra

Hello Carl,

I hope you are doing well!

I understood your custom requirement.

To achieve this you will need to modify the core code of buddypress plugin.

So, if you are Ok with the core code modification then please change the below mentioned file:

\wp-content\plugins\buddypress\bp-core\bp-core-template.php line no. 699.

=====
    $status = $bp->site_options['registration'];
    if ( 'none' != $status && 'user' != $status )
    return true;
    ====
    to
    ====
    /* $status = $bp->site_options['registration'];
    if ( 'none' != $status && 'user' != $status )
    return true; */
    ====

This change will remove the "Blog Details" options from the registration page.

Please have a try and let me know if it works for you.

• Carl Hassett

@Dharmendra

Hi Dharmendra,

I really appreciate your response and you definitely share the success on this!

I try avoiding core modifications at all cost. So, I tried applying your recommendation through a hook in the child function.php and bp-custom.php file.

A couple Fatal Errors later I stumbled across this sneaky little CSS #ID in the register.php,

<div class="register-section" id="blog-details-section">

and was able to successfully remove the the "Blog Details" section from the registration using CSS with;

#blog-details-section {
    	display: none;
    }

Thanks again for your help!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.