Modifying a theme, request for advice

My client bought the Simon theme and asked me to build his Portfolio Site;
http://nickprowse.com

PROBLEM 1
On the navigation panel on the left, if you click "projects" you will see the sub-menu has too many items and bleeds off the page without the ability to scroll down and see all of the menu items.

What is the best advice to fix this?
The theme is limited in it's options, documentation, and the author has not responded in over 6 days.

My plan is to just add a page, and put the whole sub-menu in that. Not an elegant solution, but the client understands this is a budget job and I have to work within limits. But if I was clever & quick, I reckon I could engineer something better, any advice?

PROBLEM 2
When you mouse around the tiles on the main page, if you click on a tile you go to a semi-potfolio, but if you click on the EYE SYMBOL inside the tile, you go to the full-portfolio. How do you make the tile link to the full-portfolio?

PROBLEM 3
No provision in social links for SLIDESHARE and no provision to add "other" so do I have to scrap the themes social links altogether and use a plug-in to get a consistent set of social links that includes Slideshare or can I add some code?

PROBLEM 4
Contact page, far right, telephone, email, etc. Client would prefer the same social links symbols as bottom-left of website, but theme only provides options for the text. How to modify this?

Thanks in advance. How many points would you like to solve these teasers? What other info should I provide.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @Design-KInk

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

Problem 1: I'd recommend just changing the padding, the menu item's will be smaller, but it might be a better option than separate pages, add this

.navigation ul a {
    	padding: 5px !important;
    }

To your style.css

Problem 2: That's a bit more difficult to say without looking at the theme files and the PHP code you need to edit.

Problem 3 and Problem 4, I'm afraid I'd also need to check the theme files, would it be possible to send me the theme in a zip folder please? To contact(at)wpmudev.org in the subject line put Attn: Jack Kitterhing

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Design-KInk
    • Flash Drive

Thanks Jack!

I've sent you Simon to look at.

Problem 1
    I tried inserting CSS in
    Appearance>Editor>custom.css

/* 1st try; */
    .navigation ul a {
    }

/* No result */
    /* 2nd try */

.navigation ul a {
    }

.lv2-menu{
    position:relative; padding: 5px !important;
    }

/* NO RESULT */

• Design-KInk
    • Flash Drive

Thank you,
    your advice on Problem 1 led me in the right direction>

/* --Custom CSS--
    ================================================*/

.navigation ul a {
    line-height: 5%; padding: 5px !important;
    }

.lv2-menu{
    position:relative; line-height: 5%; padding: 5px !important;
    }

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.